[Application][Distant Worlds] Android wallpapers (reloaded)

Greetings commanders o7! It's been a really long time since I last posted here and I'm glad that the new Distant Worlds endeavour brought me back :)

Those few who remember, during our journey to Beagle Point in 3302, I developed a small android app, which uses screenshots from the expedition as a wallpaper for your phone.
In short: It is a "plugin" for the popular open source Muzei android application, thus it requires that you already have Muzei installed.

Its sources are CMDR atomicb0mb369's batch of images contained in his/her Windows theme as well as the winning photo of each week of DW 1.

The application is free and doesn't contain any ads. It's also open source!

How to use:

Install Muzei
Install Distant Worlds For Muzei
Open Muzei app
Select "Distant Worlds 1" as your source (or Distant Worlds 2, I'll be putting the winning screenshots of each week there)
Done

There're some awesome pictures already there and I'm excited as to what new creations the pilots will be making.

Bumping to let you know that I've just uploaded the photo contest winners of the last week.
This brings the total available pictures for Distant Worlds 2 to 5, so you can select that (DW2) as your image source in Muzei and you should start getting some really awesome pictures!

Edit: thanks for moving the thread here :D

Last edited:
Top image picks from CG in Omega (as per Newsletter #2) have been added to the app :D
Thanks to whoever (Dr. Kaii or the cmdrs who submitted their pictures?) added titles to each image this time. Keep it up folks o7

Thanks might have to check this one out. Any way I can put my own Screen shots in there as I like my own journey to be part of the rotation?

Thanks for checking it out :D

Actually you can use your own screenshots as a wallpaper by only using the Muzei app.
In order to do this you have to:
  1. Move your images either onto your Android phone or onto Google Drive
  2. Open Muzei and select 'My Photos' as an image source
  3. Import your images into Muzei

If you find the above process cumbersome, there are some other Muzei plugins which enable you to do that by uploading images to sites such as Imgur,
but the one app I found that does that is out of date and doesn't support the latest Muzei version.

You can check here for a muzei plugin that works best for you (e.g. there's one which fetches Tumblr images) :)

I must be doing something wrong....

I have downloaded the Muzei app on my android and the only thing i can choose as a wallpaper is a blue "picasso" effect background. I then downloaded the DW2 addon/app and that does nothing???

I must be doing something wrong....

I have downloaded the Muzei app on my android and the only thing i can choose as a wallpaper is a blue "picasso" effect background. I then downloaded the DW2 addon/app and that does nothing???

Since you have both apps installed, try opening Muzei and go into "sources" and then scroll a bit down, there should be two sources, one for Distant Worlds and another for Distant Worlds 2 :)

Nope....like i said above, the ONLY thing i can do is press the big ACTIVATE button on the Muzei live wallpaper screen when i open the app. If i do press the activate button then i can configure that wallp[aper to fade/brightness/lock screen etc....

I cannot do anything else, there is no other buttons, options, controlls....anything.

yep got it now.

that was not clear at all, it feels like your setting the van gough wallpaper. so confusing, but there now.

yep got it now.

that was not clear at all, it feels like your setting the van gough wallpaper. so confusing, but there now.

That's true, it's been a while since I last used Muzei's setup and it doesn't feel that natural. I may have to suggest some improvements to the author (Muzei is also open source).

Btw uploaded contest winners from WP3 8)

Last edited:
Final batch of images has been uploaded.
Thanks to whoever found this app nice!
Farewell and fly safe commanders o7

Top Bottom