April update

I guess on the news section they show a new free update with "capture mode" for better screenshots and a paid dlc called carnivore pack with proceratosaurus, herrerasaurus, and acrocanthosaurus.

I LOVE the new dinosaurs. I would like the acros spines to be slightly more pronounced... But i love the carnivores pack! Only other dinosaurs i would want are compy, hadrasaurus, albertasaurus, and the one i cant spell...hipsilondata whatever....small herbivore lol.

Capture mode really makes the game look amazing!

We probably wont ever get new behaviors and animations for existing species which is a bummer... But with some added terrain and decorations and hopefully a JP 93 dlc this game is going to LOOK really freaking good!

I know most people want decorations and terrain paints and also more skins, especially the movie skins and I'm not gonna lie, I do too but both DLC's didn't disappoint me.
But let's not forget about the many people that want more species and a few weeks ago we had a livestream with one of the character artists Marleen Vijgen explaining how difficult and time consuming the making of new species is.
Also just take one quick look in the Ideas & Feature Requests forum and you will notice people want a whole lot more.

Anyway I do have faith in the developers even if we don't always get what we want, you cannot please everyone but you can always try your best.

What players want and what the game needs can be two entirely seperate things. The giga farce is a good example. I anticipate that the instant gratification of these new dinos will be shortlived, and that the player-count will drop back to 1k within a couple weeks. I'm sure the devs know it too. JWE is soon to be a year-old park builder with two types of vegetation, one type of water, three types of paths, one type of every building, three types of fences and a staggering fifty nine animals with a single (often identical) set of canned animations. Over 2,000,000 players have bought this game, yet it can't muster 2,000 on a weekday. The fraction of people on Reddit and the forums may be vocal, but it doesn't speak for the remaining 99% or so, who bought a park builder that barely contains any park-building from the company behind Planet Coaster. The new capture mode is a big step in the right direction, but useless for those of us with Ansel.

What players want and what the game needs can be two entirely seperate things. The giga farce is a good example. I anticipate that the instant gratification of these new dinos will be shortlived, and that the player-count will drop back to 1k within a couple weeks. I'm sure the devs know it too. JWE is soon to be a year-old park builder with two types of vegetation, one type of water, three types of paths, one type of every building, three types of fences and a staggering fifty nine animals with a single (often identical) set of canned animations. Over 2,000,000 players have bought this game, yet it can't muster 2,000 on a weekday. The fraction of people on Reddit and the forums may be vocal, but it doesn't speak for the remaining 99% or so, who bought a park builder that barely contains any park-building from the company behind Planet Coaster. The new capture mode is a big step in the right direction, but useless for those of us with Ansel.
Is the 1000 player statistic for all three gaming platforms, or just on PC?

Top Bottom