Aquatic Animals

This game really needs more aquatic animals such as fish reptiles otters dolphins sharks that kind of thing lots of possibilities to make underwater viewing areas but no water animals to go with it

Frontier has said in the past that creating a navigation axis for underwater movement is extremely difficult. It's a feature that's been in high demand so I don't doubt this is something they have looked into before and probably will again (or possibly even are looking into right now), but there's no guarantee it will even be possible. As for your animal choices, keep in mind that these are not universally-wanted animals. There are many, including myself, who believe keeping cetaceans in captivity is wrong, so I'd be thoroughly disappointed if they caved to pressure and added dolphins and the like.

As for fish, I think we would all be satisfied with some kind of exhibit system for fish, but I don't want to see sharks and such added because this isn't Planet Aquarium. Some zoos do include aquarium animals, but generally they are smaller and easier to manage, not huge saltwater tanks.

I'd certainly like to see otters, or seals/sea lions make it one day, as these are staple zoo animals, but we will have to wait and see. Currently we're going through a dry spell in terms of communication and content, most likely due to the confusion surrounding Covid-19. Something is in the works right now (Steam has an unititled DLC listed for Planet Zoo), but as to when it might be released, who knows? We were all expecting a June/July release for the next DLC but now we're in August so it's anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom