Are color mutations harder to breed in sandbox?

I'm genuiely curious if albino/melanism is harder to breed in sanbox, or if I'm just having bad luck. In franchise when I breed an albino with non-albinos and then breed its children back to it, I 100% always get an albino baby before the original albino dies. But in sandbox when I breed the albino back to its children I just cannot seem to get an albino baby no matter what! To be fair the albino is a female and could be a factor as she can't breed as fast as males, but I'm curious anyway.​
Are color mutations just harder to breed in sandbox in general? Because it's so much easier to breed albinos in franchise for me.​

I think it is, because many of the animals available from other franchise players already carry the mutation genes. In sandbox and challenge, I have never managed to accidentally breed a mutation in 300 hours of playing (but I haven't really forced it either). So it's just harder to get the genes into your gene pool there.

I never play sandbox so I can only confirm that franchise albinos work fine.

Yeah that's why I've been getting so frustrated, I mostly play franchise but I switched for a funsies project and wanted albinos. Thanks though, glad it just isn't me having issues. A shame they don't appear to be genetic.

I had a male white tiger birth in sandbox one time and although I tried through different savegames and hours upon hours to breed another white tiger, I didn`t succeed (and I know my mendel) - so I think, maybe there is a bug so you cant`t breed whities in sandbox-mode.

I made a ticket about that, but never ever anyone added and I got no answer from frontier, so I think it might not be priorized.

Hi

I tried the Rudi Rencamel way yesterday, built three Jaguar habitats in sandbox turned off all animal welfare bits/turned on all no degridation bits put 2 animals in each compound and let it run for two/three hours, when i came back to the game i had 2 female black jaguars and 1560 normal Jaguars, so in theory it takes 1560 inbread births and 35 in game years to work, Put them into the trade storage, then you have the issue of removing 1558 jaguars that you dont want, So it is probably best to do this before you start your new Sandbox zoo

regards

I just got an albino peafowl out of two normal ones in sandbox. First breeding pair too, I think some animals are easier to get color mutations on. And then there is luck too.

I'm genuiely curious if albino/melanism is harder to breed in sanbox, or if I'm just having bad luck. In franchise when I breed an albino with non-albinos and then breed its children back to it, I 100% always get an albino baby before the original albino dies. But in sandbox when I breed the albino back to its children I just cannot seem to get an albino baby no matter what! To be fair the albino is a female and could be a factor as she can't breed as fast as males, but I'm curious anyway.​
Are color mutations just harder to breed in sandbox in general? Because it's so much easier to breed albinos in franchise for me.​
It is definitely not genetic in sandbox which is truly a shame, after all the effort you spend on getting your first albino you cannot even carry on the lineage.

I have made a ticket on this and am trying to bring it to Frontier’s attention, so if anyone else who is experiencing this would like to comment that would be greatly appreciated! Greater chance to get it noticed. Albinism bugged in sandbox ticket

Top Bottom