Horizons Are you getting connection errors especially in wing

Hey,

Just a question for information purposes :

When I play on my own the game runs fine *coughs* but as soon as I wing up with someone, could be wing of 2/3/4 we all get random connection errors, usually when entering a jump (into Sc or high) or dropping from Sc.

This could happen 5 times in a row on every jump, or could have 10 jumps fine. It really makes playing together in a wing impossible and very game breaking.

So the question : are you experiencing the same? I would like to find out if it's a global issue or my local issue (I know other members of CTRL are having troubles too).

Thanks for your time :)

Last edited:
not that often, but more often --- especially getting into busy instances while being winged up ends with transaction errors quite regularly.

Hey,

Just a question for information purposes :

When I play on my own the game runs fine *coughs* but as soon as I wing up with someone, could be wing of 2/3/4 we all get random connection errors, usually when entering a jump (into Sc or high) or dropping from Sc.

This could happen 5 times in a row on every jump, or could have 10 jumps fine. It really makes playing together in a wing impossible and very game breaking.

So the question : are you experiencing the same? I would like to find out if it's a global issue or my local issue (I know other members of CTRL are having troubles too).

Thanks for your time :)

I can confirm this, and it is HORRIBLE if someone has a slow connection, you get kicked every 2-4 jumps to the main menu (and it does not matter if you have to slow connection or the other). So bad even that we dont wing up anymore unless we have to. Its been happening since 2.1.01/02

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Ever since V2.1.04 was released, numerous Wingmen suffered this and it has become a very frequent occurence - a widespread annoyance.

Ok cool thanks, I was really hoping you would all say it's fine it's my problem so I could actually do something to fix it............This out of all the bugs has destroyed team play by far.......Can't fight, trade, explore, anything together WHY WHY WHY has this not been sorted ASAP.....2.2 I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hope fixes this

I can confirm this, and it is HORRIBLE if someone has a slow connection, you get kicked every 2-4 jumps to the main menu (and it does not matter if you have to slow connection or the other). So bad even that we dont wing up anymore unless we have to. Its been happening since 2.1.01/02

What counts as a "slow connection" where wings are concerned?

I will shortly be trying wings with a friend. I have 200 down and 12 up, he has 75 down and 6 up, both with pings of 7ms, both on Virgin cable, we are also both in the same town. Are we likely to get issues with these sort of figures?

Fuel Rats have been discussing connection problems recently (as it's obviously something that affects us greatly).

In general they seem to be a good thing for instancing as very often the disconnect happens when one ship enters the others system, or navlock drops or supercruises. If there is no disconnect it's often a bad instance and the ships never see each other, after disconnects it's been a success ratio of over ~90% (based on what I've seen personally on a good 50-75 occurrences).
To the layman it looks like the previously automatic server switching to match players up when winging/friending is no longer automatic and kicks to menu as it changes you... Maybe FD can confirm, I believe one fuel rat made a bug report but I can't confirm if that happened or not.

Jumping systems in Wings is currently close to useless due to connection lost errors. But then again, one of the CMDR's was on the other side of the planet last time I tried. Still, wish the ED networking stack was a bit more fault-tolerant instead of apparently taking the fail-fast approach. Often run 2 CMDR's simultaneously on the same pc, and I still get the connection lost error when winged up. Go figure.

This has become a real issue for my Squadron. We are spread out on different continents and some islands too. Inability to reliably form a wing is a huge problem for group activities.

Yep the last 3 weeks have been unplayable....
Several people have complained, but so far it still an issue... Open a ticket and send FD the logs, may help to isolate the problem.

F-Dev had me submit a network report from a Berkley website. Open a ticket. They claim it's because my PC clock is slow. Nothing on my end has changed in 5 months(back when I installed windows 10 and it worked fine for 2-3 months) I think they're hiding something.

Back
Top Bottom