Articulation Motors - Latest Sources

Internet: Searched
Frontier Forums: Searched

Where the $#!%~&%$ are the bloody Articulation Motors?

I've done a lot of searching, and there's really nothing definitive on where the hell to get these things. What's the latest word? Why the hell is this such a grind? Has any consensus developed yet on what the best systems are to get missions for these?

I don't think you searched too hard ;)

I assume you need them because you took a mission to source and acquire some. Be careful with acquisition missions sometimes they ask for things that are not very common and will involve a very long trip. At this point I just know what commodoties those are, but before I did I checked for nearby sources before clicking the accept button if it was a commodity I didn't know was common off the top of my head.

They're also used for at least two of the Guardian weapon unlocks as I was looking into this a few days ago. Jaggid Edje, your link actually only shows the System/ Station that pays the most for them, atm EDDB doesn't actually list anywhere they are currently purchasable.

Closest I came after a quick search was to look for them as mission rewards. The System of Duamta, Station: Polyakov Station, was mentioned as one such location last year. A few Cmdrs said the faction: Defense Force of Duamta was offering them as rewards at that time.

As I still needed to farm a few other bits I haven't verified any of this yet, but it seems a good place to start looking OP.

Edit: Link added. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/articulation-motors.418105/

Last edited:
I don't think you searched too hard ;)

I assume you need them because you took a mission to source and acquire some. Be careful with acquisition missions sometimes they ask for things that are not very common and will involve a very long trip. At this point I just know what commodoties those are, but before I did I checked for nearby sources before clicking the accept button if it was a commodity I didn't know was common off the top of my head.

I need them for Guardian weapons.
The URL (which I've already Searched) is useless, as these are not available for purchase anywhere. They're only available as Mission Rewards from what I understand. You'll notice, on your very own link, that if you put anything for "Current System" (like Diaguandri for example), you get Bupkis back in the results list. The trick is that I'm looking for what types of systems tending to offer them as Mission/Passenger rewards.

They're also used for at least two of the Guardian weapon unlocks as I was looking into this a few days ago. Jaggid Edje, your link actually only shows the System/ Station that pays the most for them, atm EDDB doesn't actually list anywhere they are currently purchasable.

Closest I came after a quick search was to look for them as mission rewards. The System of Duamta, Station: Polyakov Station, was mentioned as one such location last year. A few Cmdrs said the faction: Defense Force of Duamta was offering them as rewards at that time.

As I still needed to farm a few other bits I haven't verified any of this yet, but it seems a good place to start looking OP.

Thanks, Adam. It's a place to start. Anyone else please feel free to post any other ideas. I KNOW I'm not the only one with this issue of trying to get my hands on some Guardian weapons (turreted, because I'm a lousy shot!).

no worries, let me know how you get on please as I'll be doing the same in a day or two myself.

If I find anything more in the meantime I'll pop a post here for you.

Pax missions from attacked stations can be good, as there are a lot of them.

r966nRr.png

Or wrecked megaship looting, though they can be pretty RNG - there are a few around the bubble like Deciat IIRC. Don't loot unwrecked megaships as the goods will be marked stolen and not useful for engineers. Edit: Ian is probably right (below) - no sign of them in Deciat anyway, so no point in disappointing people.

Or just missions as you say - somewhere you are allied will give the best range.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Articulation Motors on the cargo lists of megaships or installations - a few other unusual goods can be, but I've not seen those.

Best place to look for them will be a non-production economy (there's a couple of missions on the board at the Tourism station I'm docked at offering them) - Colony, Service, Tourism or Terraforming - because there are far fewer exported goods for them to compete with in the "cargo rewards" list for the station.

8 for Class 2 Turreted Plasma Charger
10 for Class 3 Turreted Plasma Charger

Edit: Just nipped back to Shinrarta to setup a throwaway rescue ship to take to Ngobe and saw a 180t transport mission for 36 units of AM's.

Python, racks, 5 minutes later - "All blueprints unlocked," yay!

Last edited:
Oh I feel so, so stupid.
I've been searching stations in High Tech / Industrial systems ALL DAY and haven't found any.
The reason: When looking at Missions/Passenger Lounge, to make things quicker I've been filtering rewards for "Materials".
AMs aren't "Materials", they're "Commodities".
As soon as I changed/removed the Filter, they're all over the place.
Ugh.... Sorry Commanders!

I’ve found a mission for articulation motors at Ugrivirii Jefferies port ! Black box Salvage mission and a passenger exp. mission for 1600 Ly

Oh I feel so, so stupid.
I've been searching stations in High Tech / Industrial systems ALL DAY and haven't found any.
The reason: When looking at Missions/Passenger Lounge, to make things quicker I've been filtering rewards for "Materials".
AMs aren't "Materials", they're "Commodities".
As soon as I changed/removed the Filter, they're all over the place.
Ugh.... Sorry Commanders!
I DID THE SAME THING! lol No one can save me from my own carelessness.

Top Bottom