Newcomer / Intro Arx store question.

• Thread starter Deleted member 257907
  • Start date

Deleted member 257907

D
If I purchase a weapon or engine detailing color can i put it on any ship or do you have to purchase seperately for each ship?

Thwarptide

Banned
However, ship kits and ship colours are unique to ship type.
Yeah, that kind of boils my water a bit. A person had better find out if they like a ship very very much and intend on keeping it before investing in a paint job. Otherwise they're just wasting Arx.

Last edited:

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Just invest it in an Eagle MK II then.
  • best ship
  • many paint jobs (it has flames!)
  • ship kit
Otherwise you're just wasting ARX.
;)

Just invest it in an Eagle MK II then.
  • best ship
  • many paint jobs (it has flames!)
  • ship kit
Otherwise you're just wasting ARX.
;)
Nah, Sidewinder is better - it's the smallest multi-role ship, and it has flames, too.
Pkul8yD.jpg

Ooooh! Flames!

I want them up the sides of my Cutter along with cherry bombs on my engines so it sounds like a funny car doing a burn out!

Can I have?

Last edited:
I have a follow-up question about the ARX store.

If I want to buy some points, and I bought the game through Steam, where should I go to buy ARX? Do I get it off Steam? From the in-game store? Or on the Frontier store?

Also, if I buy the name and ID tags for one ship, can I use it on more? Those packs are definitely first on my must buy list.

If I want to buy some points, and I bought the game through Steam, where should I go to buy ARX? Do I get it off Steam? From the in-game store? Or on the Frontier store?

Also, if I buy the name and ID tags for one ship, can I use it on more? Those packs are definitely first on my must buy list.

I get mine directly from the Steam Store.
Minutes later they will appear in game.

Edit: the same way i buy them on XB - from MS Store.

I get mine directly from the Steam Store.
Minutes later they will appear in game.

Edit: the same way i buy them on XB - from MS Store.
Excellent.

There was a big warning that I should make sure that I had my Steam account connected to my Frontier account, but it seems that's covered. At least as far as I can tell.

If I can log into Elite with Steam credentials, I'm probably set.

None of the cosmetic items are limited to a specific ship, kits and paints will only fit on that particular type of ship but if you have a fleet of 6 Eagles and the Crossfire Green paint job you could apply it to all 6.

Got me thinking, this. It would great to see more ship types in-game but then I'd have to ask myself: what role would they play? Imho we pretty much have everything covered. Don't we?
Yes, no, maybe!

There are ships for every task but there are ships from the original games that aren’t in this game.

Got me thinking, this. It would great to see more ship types in-game but then I'd have to ask myself: what role would they play? Imho we pretty much have everything covered. Don't we?

We have covered maybe every task, but we don't have covered every style. I want stylish ships that aren't locked to a specific faction reputation. Yes, a Type-10 fulfills the same role as an Imperial Cutter - but you can only get the latter by cuddling up to the Imps, and the former looks like a shoebox on steroids. I want a ship that makes an Imp Cutter pilot drop his jaw in awe - and a Fed Corvette pilot think twice about attacking and possibly damaging its sheer awesomeness.
The same goes for the other ship sizes and uses. There currently is only one ship with style, and that one's rather limited in its usefulness.

Nope - people frequently whine about the lack of the Panther Clipper -

I am awaiting the arrival of the Moray Star Boat
Moray_Star_BoatSlow.gif
so I can explore extraterrestrial seas on all those water worlds. ;)

Top Bottom