Asks for passkey every time

Each time I start the game I have to enter the passkey. But the game is a PEGI 7 /ESRB Teen rating. I have the privacy setting (or whatever it's called) set to 16 (it's my sons Xbox) but it still asks the for the passkey. Is this the same for everybody or is there another setting I'm missing?

Its a age pass on your Xbox. Its not the game.

your Sons account is set to ask for this pass. If you set your Sons account to "open" your Xbox wont ask for this anymore.

your Sons account is set to ask for this pass. If you set your Sons account to "open" your Xbox wont ask for this anymore.

Thanks, but where do I do that?

The thing is, it's actually using my Xbox profile/MS account (and that was set up on the 360 before they introduced adult/child accounts for the One) so there should be no age as such.

p.s. it doesn't ask for other games for example the Destiny Demo which is 16, only this one.

Last edited:
Thanks, but where do I do that?

The thing is, it's actually using my Xbox profile/MS account (and that was set up on the 360 before they introduced adult/child accounts for the One) so there should be no age as such.

p.s. it doesn't ask for other games for example the Destiny Demo which is 16, only this one.

Hmm, that is strange indeed.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/security/xbox-one-manage-privacy-and-online-safety

If the solution is not in the above link i suggest contact Xbox Support on Twitter.

Found the culprit...it is the "ask for passkey before purchasing..." setting that causes it. I guess it must be because of the link in outfitting to the store to buy skins? How annoying.

There you have it indeed.

Now i think of it, a few months back i ran into the same sort of problem.

My 6 year old loves to play Beach buggy racing (of something like that) on Xbox One.

Got the same message back then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom