Ships Asp MK3

I'm currently in a Python but I still have fond memories of the Asp. I'd love to see an Asp variation or re-skin with it as an all rounder, a little bigger, more agile and packing a bit more oomph. I had a go at a rough concept:

GjZJ4it.jpg

Great stuff there really needs to be a solid all rounder between the Asp and the Python as currently the gap between them (around 45 mil!) is way too big, so an extended Asp/Asp 2 would be ideal, priced around 25 mil stock with solid builds from 40 mil up.

Spec wise I'd want up to 170 T cargo, similar range, perhaps an extra pair of rear facing hard-points for turrets, speed range say 180 - 225 (max cargo - combat load-out), I reckon getting better agility would be hard to achieve given that it'll sit between the current Asp and the Python.

Alternatively a mil-spec variant could lose several internal slots, have military composite structure as stock (or just stronger armor), class 5 power distributor, class 4 FSD and drop the mass by 25-30% to get around 15 - 20 LY max range and improved agility, perhaps 4 medium hard points and 2 small, with the lower mass have a max speed at 215 m/s priced around 15 mil.

Yeh that sounds good Ceekay, It could possible sacrifice a bit of FSD range on the Asp Explorer and become a true multipurpose ship in the 25 Mill range.
Poseidal -I havent seen the Asp 2 from Arc I just copied the main elements from the current Asp and made a slightly bigger, sleeker design.

I'm currently in a Python but I still have fond memories of the Asp. I'd love to see an Asp variation or re-skin with it as an all rounder, a little bigger, more agile and packing a bit more oomph. I had a go at a rough concept:

http://i.imgur.com/GjZJ4it.jpg?1

Here is what I worked up for a Mk IV (Mk III is the Asp Explorer) btw, I love your design. Maybe we should pair up and pressure FD to make us our Asp.

Asp "Interceptor" Mk IV
price: ~ 15 mil cr.
Dimensions: 64.5 L x 46.8 W x 16.8 H
Maneuverability: 7
Top Speed: 264
Boost speed: 348
Shields: 249
Armor: 392
Hull Mass: 320
Cargo Capacity: 20t
Fuel Capacity: 32t
Unladen Range: 10.76
Pad size: Medium
Hardpoints: 4x Medium Hard Points
1x Large Hard Point
3x Utility Hard Points
Internals: 1x size 6 compartment
2x size 5 compartments
1x size 3 compartment
1x size 2 compartment

Outfitting -
Bulkheads: size 8 - Lightweight Alloy
Reactor Bay: size 6 - E6
Thruster Mounting: size 6 - E6
Frame Shift Drive: size 5 - E5
Enviromental Control: size 4 - E4
Power Coupling: size 6 - E6
Sensor suite: size 5 - E5
Fuel Storage: size 5 - 32t tank
Internal Compartment: size 6 - shield gen E6
Internal Compartment: size 5 - cargo rack size 4 (16t)
Internal Compartment: size 5 - empty
Internal Compartment: size 3 - cargo rack size 2 (4t)
Internal Compartment: size 2 - basic discovery scanner

The Asp interceptor appears very similar to the Asp Explorer. Instead of a lower canopy area there is a Large Hardpoint. It has the same placement for its upper medium hardpoints. The lower outer harpoints are now of medium size. There is 1 utility hardpoint located behind the cockpit on top. There are 1 utility hardpoint on each side. 1 facing the starboard side and 1 facing the port side.

Edit: The Asp Interceptor is designed for long range engagements. It role is to be the first to the front line. This ship is anything but pretty. Unlike its civilian sister, she isn't the biggest bully in the sandbox, she is all grown up and is ready to beat up the other kids on the playground. The Asp interceptor packs enough firepower to devastate wings of small craft. It is far from being the heaviest shielded or armored ship out there, but she definately is capable of spearheading the charge.

Edit: after closely examining your renderings, i would place all 4 med hardpoints across the top front. 2 on each side of the cockpit. Place 1 directly on either side of the cockpit and 1 each higher up on either side of the spine. You already have a perfect spot under the cockpit, on the angled frame slightly back from the cockpit, for 1 large hardpoint. I would put the port & starboard utility slots just forward of the stabilizer fins. But on the underneath side of the ship.

Last edited:
Top Bottom