Assigning functions to custom buildings

This one is a bit of a stretch, but I would love it if I could assign specific functions for the benefit of guests \ staff \ the park to a building I create.

That cool pirate fortress might be worth plopping down just for the decorative value, but what if it could also house a nice staff lounge that increases the morale of my employees? What if that medieval guard tower could also be a maintenance shack for the rollercoaster next to it, increasing the coaster's reliability and decreasing its downtime if it breaks? Or what about that futuristic alien skyscraper that's also a research building, speeding up the invention of new rides, shops and scenery?

There's a ton of things you could house inside a decorative building in a theme park: darkrides, malls, restaurants, aquariums, gardens, playgrounds, haunted houses, the list goes on. Obviously, I wouldn't expect the game to actually create and render these interiors, but just to do some number-crunching in the background to simulate their effects on the park. Assigning a function could be as simple as clicking the building and selecting one from a drop-down list.

Top Bottom