Discussion Aussiedroid's Excellent work

Man, I am so embarrassed...and how do i drop out of supercruise?

It feels a bit counter-intuitive to start with but to drop out you do the same action to enable supercruise. In practice, you only need to go down to 99% and then hold the modifer back to 100% for it to activate/deactivate. In game it doesn't impact your speed much due to the lag in the acceleration. To emergency drop out just go back and forth twice. Almost like a little 'bump' action off the 100%.

Cheers, AD

Hrm...doesn't that makes riding the 6 unnecessarily difficult, even the slightest bump in throttle can send you careening past ur stop...ahd full throttle significantly more than a slight bump. Now 75% throttle shift for drop out...that'd be sweet.

The more i've played this game the least i find i use full throttle...i can't remember the last time i didn't just boosted into super/hyper cruise.

In practice, it doesn't matter what throttle % you are running at when you want to hit the drop out. Say if you are in the blue zone at 75%, and then want to drop at a station. You would move the throttle to 100% with the Modifier held. The time it takes for you to move the throttle up, your speed will hardly change, and still be fine to drop out without overshooting. You will see there is a lag in the acceleration so the speed difference made while you move the throttle makes no impact.

Give it a try between a couple stations/hops, once you have done it a couple times in game you will see what I mean :)

Hope the rest of the mappings are working ok for you now too!

Cheers, AD

They're working great...just all the prime controls are mapped for combat. I wish I could keep this intact (call it say the Combat overlay or profile) and have a whole other overlay to map for exploration, at least the buttons on the joystick and call it the Exploration overlay or profile. Im guesing that's possible, i just need to learn more. The flaps button seems like a good one for that...it could provide three completely separate profiles. We'll see though.

Great work again, and thank you!

Top Bottom