Autosave change suggestion

How many times have you gotten the storm that did just the right damage to put your park irreparably into debt? Now on top of that, how many times have you gone to the last autosave only to find that the game saved only a couple of minutes ago, already too late to save your park? Just tonight, I lost hours worth of progress on a jurassic challenge mode park, because the game autosaved after the park was already a hundred grand in the red. At one point last week, I had an autosave that happened just as the 3 minute debt timer ran out, so it loaded just in time to see young Cabot's smug face pop up.

I don't know about anyone else, but those are extremely frustrating. After tonight's failure though, an obvious solution occured to me. What if the game disables the autosave function when the shelters are open? I know enough about coding to not say it's a "simple fix," but it seems like the perfect solution to me. Disabling autosave ensures that no matter what, your last autosave happens before all hell broke loose.

Completely idiotic. Changed a 5 star to a 1 star review after wasting half a day because of this rubbish. How stupid.

Why can't we repair when negative? We can spend on many things to make ourselves go negative, so why not repairing? The only solution is to transport within 3 mins or sell (if you aren't on a bugged CT map that still shows send off-site when that was the previous mission). Pictures only go so far. There is no way to mass-disable amenities so your losses go into the 100's of thousands every few seconds. It's completely artificial. All because a tornado decided to take the long way across the map and wiped out 600k balance.

Seriously abhorrent design.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
How many times have you gotten the storm that did just the right damage to put your park irreparably into debt? Now on top of that, how many times have you gone to the last autosave only to find that the game saved only a couple of minutes ago, already too late to save your park? Just tonight, I lost hours worth of progress on a jurassic challenge mode park, because the game autosaved after the park was already a hundred grand in the red. At one point last week, I had an autosave that happened just as the 3 minute debt timer ran out, so it loaded just in time to see young Cabot's smug face pop up.

I don't know about anyone else, but those are extremely frustrating. After tonight's failure though, an obvious solution occured to me. What if the game disables the autosave function when the shelters are open? I know enough about coding to not say it's a "simple fix," but it seems like the perfect solution to me. Disabling autosave ensures that no matter what, your last autosave happens before all hell broke loose.
You don't have to rely on autosave, are you saving it manually?
You can also have multiple saves of the same park just give it a different name, and save.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey Capt. Hunt!

Thank you for the feedback. Regarding auto saving, you can change the frequency at which the game saves automatically. You'll find this in the Settings. We also recommend keeping some manual saves to fall back on, just in case calamity strikes.

Top Bottom