Engineers Beam Lasers & Engineering

Yes I mean armoured, close thing ;) Speaking of combination, not odd, simply pragmatical. Laser can fry from any distance without losing any damage, while multi cannons due to gimbal wobble are accurate up to 1500 meters. Short range mod on multis gives very noticeable damage boost over other mods, also slightly more dps than overcharged mod.
Why short range is superior to overcharged when it comes to multis? More dps, more ammo and unchanged distro draw. Only drawback is thermal load that is going to affect you only if your ship runs hot and you're running 4-6 multicannons with some of them laden with incendiary ammo. Decreased range of 2000 meters isn't an issue because you will be less likely to hit anything over this distance, especially with wobbling gimballed multicannon, so effective multicannon range is up to 1500 meters. I have re-engineerd all my overcharged multicannons to short in recent time, really like the result on all ships that use them.
Thanks for explaining that. Interesting, I might give it a try.

Last edited:
If the beam is mainly used to reduce heat and deny recharge opportunities for my opponent I go for the lightweight mod. Lower distro draw with not heat reduction. The heat dumping effect is all the way to 3km, even if the laser doesn't do much damage at that range.

Top Bottom