Powerplay Best Faction For Smuggler/Pirate?

I have to agree with Crimson Kaim.

There's no real benefit to joining the Kumo Crew in terms of monetary rewards, as their black market bonus is passive, but the reduction on fines issued in their space should make it quite a bit easier for you.

I'm not a pirate myself, so can't comment there. However for smuggling, I joined the Torval faction. I make a fair deal of credits (read: most profitable possible outside Long Range Smuggling) smuggling slave Imp Slaves from Torval to Delaine space. She offers a discount on purchasing Imp Slaves, they are in all her systems. They are already arguably the most profitable commodity available on the market, and she increases profits even further.

Also, trading within her systems gives you 5% of your sale back in trade dividends at her stations, collectable at the station you dropped off cargo. AND, if you trade in a Wing, you each get 5% of each other's profits per stop, with or without Power Play. So if you went back and forth between two of her stations in a Wing of two or three, you're looking at loosely 15-20% profit for each of you, at each stop. When trading millions of credits worth of goods, that can really add up. If we ever got her into the Top 3 Powers this would increase to profits of 10/15/20% even more! Of course, that'll probably never happen...

And if you really like Rare's, especially with all the CG's with Rare trading, she gives a 50% profit bonus in her systems. Realistically, by the time you unlock this you have long stopped trading Rare's for profit however.

Last edited:
Top Bottom