Ships Best hull armor for PVE?

Hi. I am getting closer to engineering my armor selection, and have seen a few different opinions. I read the "how to build a pve combat ship" guide on google docs, it recommends military grade bulk heads for every ship.

However is a few krait specific conversations I read about Reactive armor (the one that penalizes thermal resist in favour of kinetic and explosive)

I'm still working my way through unlocking engineers and gathering mats and thought I'd seek advice here. Thanks

Its hard to go wrong with Reactive.

In the opinion of many Reactive Surface Composite with Grade Five Lightweight mods plus the Deep Plating experimental is the way. Modify your smallest HRP for Grade Five Thermal Resistance then Deep Plating as well. Stack as many HRPs from there as you like with Grade Five Heavy Duty with Deep Plating. Gets expensive material wise but grants ridiculous amounts of high quality armor.

Armor is like Leg Day: DON'T SKIP IT.

Last edited:
Military grade composite is pretty common for PvE builds because it gives you more protection over lightweight alloys at a fraction of the cost.

51 vs 134 million in this case.

Against NPCs it doesn’t matter all that much.

Military grade composite is pretty common for PvE builds because it gives you more protection over lightweight alloys at a fraction of the cost.

51 vs 134 million in this case.

Against NPCs it doesn’t matter all that much.

Good point and dont forget, reactive will double your rebuy which is a major drag as well.

Back
Top Bottom