Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 3

OK, so I just started the beta and for some reason, I'm in a ship I haven't had in a couple weeks. It seems that everything I have worked at over this time is gone. Rank, Ship, Credits. What in the world is going on?
Thanks
Your beta account = your production account from a couple of weeks ago.
So you have 2 accounts now, one production and one beta. Which account is loaded is determined by which game you start.

Your beta progress is lost at the end of the Beta period.

Last edited:
im surprised no beta 4 but im sure they working around the clock as always.

Ive seen a number of bugs over the past few days in the beta, but have to say the beta looks so much better than current live build i wish it was live now :) (minus the bugs lol)

Still no answer as to see if anyone else is having audio issues, I want to find out if anyone else is having it before I send a ticket in.

I'm having audio issues with the ships computer voice which sounds awful atm, like she's in a box underwater, no idea why they changed that. Put a ticket in about it anyway. Odd thing is if i play the current non beta build of Horizons, she sounds fine

I wrote several tickets and reports but to no avail still there is a bug that crashes the game when you select an instance to play it be solo private open or just tutorials.

No reply thus far .

Its with the premiu beta , lifetime expansion pass and upgrade to beta every time the game crashes after selecting a game mode

I'm not loading the Beta up until a graphical glitch is fixed, which was stated to be in Beta 4 ... others can't get into the Beta until an issue causing them to crash is fixed, which will probably be Beta 4 ... so if Frontier could give an indication of when Beta 4 is coming, I for one would really appreciate it.

If beta 3 would be the release version I would stand no chance of playing more than 10 minutes in a row.

Crashes in the crew menu, crashes when releasing fighters etc. etc. etc.

Hopefully this will not be another premature release.

Well it's been a week now and beta 3 and I still have not been able to play for more then one minute before going to desktop I hope beta 4 is a lot more stable..

If beta 3 would be the release version I would stand no chance of playing more than 10 minutes in a row.

Crashes in the crew menu, crashes when releasing fighters etc. etc. etc.

Hopefully this will not be another premature release.

Well it's been a week now and beta 3 and I still have not been able to play for more then one minute before going to desktop I hope beta 4 is a lot more stable..

I get the feeling Beta 4 should have been released by now, but Frontier have ended up caught up in a cycle of trying to implement as many severe level problems as possible to roll out in Beta 4, but more and more critical issues keep cropping up.

Such as the Non-GCN AMD GPU crash which they may not have been fully aware until a couple of days ago regarding the exact change introduced in 2.2 which caused the problem, nor how to directly apply a fix that's exclusive to such a narrow range of hardware that's likely beyond the scope of their standard test machine environments.

Last edited:
I get the feeling Beta 4 should have been released by now, but Frontier have ended up caught up in a cycle of trying to implement as many severe level problems as possible to roll out in Beta 4, but more and more critical issues keep cropping up.

Such as the Non-GCN AMD GPU crash which they may not have been fully aware until a couple of days ago regarding the exact change introduced in 2.2 which caused the problem, nor how to directly apply a fix that's exclusive to such a narrow range of hardware that's likely beyond the scope of their standard test machine environments.

I reckon beta 4 has been dropped altogether, bug reporting staff seem to be quoting beta 5 as the "fix" for that (though just how much you can do for GPU's that haven't been supported by their manufacturer for a year is limited). Personally I would be surprised to see those cards lasting beyond the end of this season before support for them is dropped altogether by FD.

I reckon beta 4 has been dropped altogether, bug reporting staff seem to be quoting beta 5 as the "fix" for that (though just how much you can do for GPU's that haven't been supported by their manufacturer for a year is limited). Personally I would be surprised to see those cards lasting beyond the end of this season before support for them is dropped altogether by FD.

Nope.

Beta 4 now out, pre-GCN AMD card support now back and working.

Pardon my ignorance but what does "pre-GCN" mean?

Anything on the list below, support for them has been dropped by AMD so they haven't had a driver update in almost a year, plus are not likely to ever have another.

Applicable Products:
​AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon R5™ 230, Radeon™​ R5 220 Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™​ HD 8000 (D/G variants) Series Graphics​
AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 – HD 7600 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 (including M variant) Series Graphics

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 10 - 64

Top Bottom