Better UI when dealing with dwarf/neutron stars for jump boosting

So, I just fell into a DA star because it wasn't clear where the danger zone was with respect to the jets. Please improve the visibility of this, maybe by drawing a "restricted area" zone in the sensor widget, similar to restricted areas one sees on the ground.

Please make sure the danger zone is large enough so that if I do make a mistake, I don't lose all control of my ship. Then I won't waste 10 minutes of my time trying to figure out how to get out. If you want to keep it so that players can't get out, just blow our ships up immediately. Don't waste our time. (Pretty sure you don't want us wasting yours, right?)

Please make sure the navigation aid widget shows the direction of the Escape Vector. I was aimed at the solid white circle several times, but my FSD wouldn't engage. It just kept saying "Align ship with escape vector."

Please either make Suicide cancellable, or make the delay only 3 seconds. There's no point in making me sit through 30 more seconds of stupid gameplay caused by your above defects. (After activating Suicide, I could no longer access ship components.)

Players: don't bother replying to me on this. I know you're just a bunch of trolls.

Dwarves are dangerous stars to scoop. Also fo experienced pilots. You accepted the risk.
The 'align ship' message does not mean you need to point your nose there. You need to have enough momentum going to the escape vector.

I believe there is a known issue with the exclusion zone lines of white dwarves that are not visible. Take a look at tomorrows patch notes if it is listed.

Dwarves are dangerous stars to scoop. Also fo experienced pilots. You accepted the risk.
The 'align ship' message does not mean you need to point your nose there. You need to have enough momentum going to the escape vector.

I believe there is a known issue with the exclusion zone lines of white dwarves that are not visible. Take a look at tomorrows patch notes if it is listed.
Yep, just like a troll to blame me. Doesn't have anything to do with the route planner treating dwarves and neutrons the same. Just assumes the pilot knows the risks.

p.s. Did I whine that this wasn't fair? No. I just asked that the UI be made more clear to make it easier for me to avoid the mistake, and that, if I did make the mistake again, that I be killed outright, as opposed to wasting 10 minutes trying to escape the inescapable.

Last edited:
Yep, just like a troll to blame me. Doesn't have anything to do with the route planner treating dwarves and neutrons the same. Just assumes the pilot knows the risks.

p.s. Did I whine that this wasn't fair? No. I just asked that the UI be made more clear to make it easier for me to avoid the mistake, and that, if I did make the mistake again, that I be killed outright, as opposed to wasting 10 minutes trying to escape the inescapable.
Deselect dwarfs and/or neutron stars in the galmap, easiest way to avoid them if that's what you want.

So you went into a situation without finding out the risks, got destroyed and now want the risks removed? If I go into a surface port and get killed by the NPC's should I then demand they be made not to kill me? Risks are there for a reason, you prepare appropriately, if you die that's your problem, don't like it don't scoop neutron and WD stars, they are easy enough to not scoop from, you just point your nose away from it!

And congratulations on starting your post with an attack on people who might reply with a different opinion to yours, that will surely keep them away! Oh right, it didn't. No-one is going to nerf the game just for you, learn to scoop from NS/WD or stop trying, those are your options.

My comment was very neutral. If it was not... Sorry

It's a known bug (it should be drawing a yellow circle around the "exclusion zone", same as with any other star type). Please go and vote on the issue linked in the OP of this forum thread to get it on to the developer's todo list.

Top Bottom