Horizons BH // You have to scan fighters = dangerous non-sense

Hi folks !

I ain't used to post and I never complain about the game as it is....I try to play and have fun with what I have... and I actually love it BUT...

Even if I can understand the need to scan enemy ships before engaging them and even if we all know that a Gunship in a RES isn't there for mining ahem...it's quite annoying to have to scan the fighters if the mothership is already identified as wanted. Indeed, it happened to everyone I'm sure, to pull the trigger on an enemy before scanning it and then get a bounty on their head... OK Fine !

But if I scanned an enemy with a wanted status, and if that very same target releases a fighter against me, I should be able to gun it down right after exiting its mothership's bay. But it's not the case, you have to scan the fighter FIRST if you don't want to get a bounty on your head and that's a real threat in such situation because every second counts...having to wait for the scan to end is a real torture and I hope the devs will improve this cause it goes completely against combat strategy IMHO. :eek:

What do you think about it ? Is it OK as it is or should it be improved in some way ?

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
interesting... so THIS is why i managed to pick up a bounty the other day. i had no idea and thought i must have clipped a copper or something, but looking at the above i reckon it must be this... gotta be a bug surely?

put ticket in I reckon.

NPCs release fighters? Or is this about other players?

It's about NPCs, but I guess it'd be the same with players.

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's either intended or nobody thought about it.... and it's really weird.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's exactly a bug, but since the wanted status is definitely supposed to be linked between a mothership and its fighter, I think scanning one _should_ reveal the status of the other.

Hi folks !

I ain't used to post and I never complain about the game as it is....I try to play and have fun with what I have... and I actually love it BUT...

Even if I can understand the need to scan enemy ships before engaging them and even if we all know that a Gunship in a RES isn't there for mining ahem...

Actually Gunships are often mining..I found out the hard way because I used to think the same way as you! I have scanned them as a formality, not bothering to check the status & unleashed hell or if in my DBS..unleashed mild annoyance. NPC Clippers in a RES, on the other hand? Never seen a 'clean' one!

IMHO it is a bug.

Friendly Feds launched SLF, and those fighters showed NEUTRAL!!! I nearly shot one last night before I realized what was happening.

The reason for waiting for the scan is because you do not know if the ship is clean/friendly prior. You'll notice your ship remembers previous scans (unless you SC out in the meantime).

Top Bottom