Horizons Bind kws to a key/joystick button?

careBear1

Banned
Is it possible to bind the kws to a key/joystick button, rather than one of the two fire buttons in a fire group.
Carelessness means I occassionally forget to switch groups and fire on enemies before scanning. Lots of 10 minute timeouts and no more CG for me this week.

Is it possible to bind the kws to a key/joystick button, rather than one of the two fire buttons in a fire group.
Carelessness means I occassionally forget to switch groups and fire on enemies before scanning. Lots of 10 minute timeouts and no more CG for me this week.

I haven't found a way to do this.

Another point, if your ship is pointing at the opponent and you have it targeted, your ship should do a basic scan anyway to determine if it is wanted or not. So targetting with the KWS is secondary to that.

No, all utility scanners and disco scanner have to be fired from a firegroup.

You have to be less careless. :p
I mean, you fire 2.9MW lasers through space, after all

Last edited:

careBear1

Banned
I haven't found a way to do this.

Another point, if your ship is pointing at the opponent and you have it targeted, your ship should do a basic scan anyway to determine if it is wanted or not. So targetting with the KWS is secondary to that.

Thanks. I was doing as you suggest, but tended to get impatient in the heat of combat and tried to do both at once. My errors of course, but a poor, fault intolerant, design. Thankfully not a real world control system.

If you are impatient, you can do one specific "starter" firegroup with the KWS and your basic lasers. That way you can start stripping shields while scanning, then switch to full firepower firegroup. Safety is just the matter of muscle memory.

Top Bottom