Bit of high grade tinfoiling here, but who's assigning the variants names?

We know its FDev in real life, but in game who is assigning these thargoid variations different names, and how come they are named before we discover them ie the first of the new alien ships which we have to presume are Klaxian in origin were already named basilisk variants. Surely the "new" alien ships should be "unknown variant" and then AEGIS could assign a designation to them after getting sufficient data on them. To me the fact that the variants of thargoid ships already have names assigned to them makes me think there is someone behind the scenes in the game who knows a lot more about the thargoids than we are led to believe that humanity currently knows. That then makes me wonder are "The Club" from premonition embroiled in AEGIS/Pilots Federation and how much do those agencies know already?

how much do those agencies know already?

... Everything, or at least, a LOT.

It's only the public that doesn't know much about the Thargoids (and we're members of the general public, that's why we know nothing), everyone in a position of power will have extensive knowledge, either kept from the war and/or gleaned from spies and intel gathering.

Especially since we know that at least Wreaken Corp can already get into Col70 - it's only "Civilians" that are restricted by things like permit locks.

We know its FDev in real life, but in game who is assigning these thargoid variations different names, and how come they are named before we discover them ie the first of the new alien ships which we have to presume are Klaxian in origin were already named basilisk variants. Surely the "new" alien ships should be "unknown variant" and then AEGIS could assign a designation to them after getting sufficient data on them. To me the fact that the variants of thargoid ships already have names assigned to them makes me think there is someone behind the scenes in the game who knows a lot more about the thargoids than we are led to believe that humanity currently knows. That then makes me wonder are "The Club" from premonition embroiled in AEGIS/Pilots Federation and how much do those agencies know already?

Muh immersion.

But it is quite silly. In a game where a mechanic like multi-crew needs to have associated hologram tech, raising all sorts of questions about why hologram tech isn't used for pretty much everything; yet Thargoids discovery and naming is left out entirely of the lore.

Top Bottom