Black Market effect on factions

So you have a station that is owned by a secondary faction in a system and you sell illegal goods to the black market at that station.
Does it damage the influence of the faction that owns the station or the faction that controls the system?

System controlling faction station owner is affected (unless it's anarchy, as in that case they will benefit of it).

Edited for correction (sorry) (y) [had different sit rep as we have only anarchy systems]

Last edited:
Wrong. Faction controlling the station with the black market will be affected.
i thought it was the station owner, as well. except in an Anarchy system.
This one. It's station owner which is affected.

In addition to reducing influence (except for Anarchy), it decreases relevant economic/security sliders as shown. I have validated at least for weapons that the negative security effect happens

For anarchy owners, these effects will be positive instead.

Last edited:
Is there a limit in the influence drop by selling in the black markets?
I mean, trading in normal market increase the influence, but with a daily limit. It is the same limit with back markets?

Is there a limit in the influence drop by selling in the black markets?
I mean, trading in normal market increase the influence, but with a daily limit. It is the same limit with back markets?
Influence output of each BGS activity (including trading on black market) is based on different S-curves. There is no such thing as daily limit, but there are diminishing returns. Which means the more you do after a certain threshold, the less is impact. This is true both for regular trading and for BM trading.

Hmm, we run an anarchy faction. We are losing a lot of influence lately and we don't really know why. Interesting detail: We suffered from pirate attacks lately, which is rather funny when you rp as a pirate faction. And as our system is very likely to be visited for LTD pirating + selling them at the local BM, I'm not sure anymore if things really work like on the table FDev showed in the video. Too bad I couldn't get an answer from them yet, but I'm still trying.

Since the last big update it is hardly possible to sell bought illegal goods with profit on black markets. There is a loss almost every time. Did anybody test, whether selling with loss reduces the station owner's influence, too? At least security and wealth drop depending on the smuggled goods.

Since the last big update it is hardly possible to sell bought illegal goods with profit on black markets. There is a loss almost every time. Did anybody test, whether selling with loss reduces the station owner's influence, too? At least security and wealth drop depending on the smuggled goods.
I tend to believe that it doesn't really matter whether you have a profit from smuggling or not. In my experience, selling to BM always reduces station owner's influence.

Top Bottom