Blender - Unwrapped objects looks different

Hi there,

I am currently creating a simple wall with the sizes 4x4x0.37m. First, I have marked the seams as usual, followed by unwrapping my wall. But in the 'UV/Image Editor' the unwrapped wall looks different. All sides of the wall has 4m. ? What did I wrong?

That's how it looks like:
1.jpg

That's how it correctly should look like.:
Brick5_BC.png

Apart from this, I'd like to know if it is a problem to use that UV map with the unwrapped object with the wrong sizes. Does that affect the texturing?

Thx for your information and help in advance. ;)

-spoonetti-

Hi there,

I am currently creating a simple wall with the sizes 4x4x0.37m. First, I have marked the seams as usual, followed by unwrapping my wall. But in the 'UV/Image Editor' the unwrapped wall looks different. All sides of the wall has 4m. ? What did I wrong?

That's how it looks like:
View attachment 3651

That's how it correctly should look like.:
View attachment 3652

Apart from this, I'd like to know if it is a problem to use that UV map with the unwrapped object with the wrong sizes. Does that affect the texturing?

Thx for your information and help in advance. ;)

-spoonetti-

I encountered the same Problem and could not button down why it happens. So i am very interested as well how to avoid this problem. My guess is that you used the Cube Blender starts with. I think it doesn't happen when you use a plane and extrude one side out and unwrap that.

But this is just a guess.

If you used a cube, did you apply the scale before uv unwrapped ? Your wall scale needs to be 1.0 on each axis.

Just select your wall, go to object > apply > scale. And then unwrap the UV, it should be fine.

@Castaway. I was setting everything as I usualy always do. I am really helpless. I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong.

1. Units to metric / centimetres
2. Deleting the default cube and open a new one
3. Rotation: X = -90° Y = 180° Z = 180°
4. Scale 3x 100
5. Rotation and Scale
6. Dimensions: 4m 37,5cm 4m
7. Shading: GLSL
8. Adding a material and renamed it
9. Unmarking the object
10. Marking the seams
11. Marking the object
12. Unwrapping