Blueprint is locked :-(

So someone shared a park as a DLC. I opened up their park and saved one of the buildings as a Blueprint. When I open up my park and I try to install the building, the Blueprint is locked. The building costs $6,000 and my park is $10,000 in the red. Could this be the problem? I use the game mostly for design and not really as a game. I've seen other people talk about research but I have no options under research. Is there a workaround to this? Or do I need to get my park profitable before I can unlock the building?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Are you in Sandbox or in a Scenario?
In Sandbox you won't have to research it but in some scenarios there may be a piece in that building that isn't available for research therefore it's locked. Those are a couple reason that I can think of.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Are you in Sandbox or in a Scenario?
In Sandbox you won't have to research it but in some scenarios there may be a piece in that building that isn't available for research therefore it's locked. Those are a couple reason that I can think of.
I've always used scenario. I bet you are right, if I try it in Sandbox it may work. Do budgets not apply in Sandbox? I am at work and won't be able to try it until later.

Top Bottom