Bounty Thresholds/Amounts.

Commanders!

This is my first post here. I’m a relatively seasoned player of ED, and yet experienced something last night that I haven’t before.

I targeted a Wanted FGS - Expert ranking I think. I’m pretty sure the ship was wanted. I opened fire and incurred an immediate bounty. Does anyone know what may have happened here? Of course, it could have been human error, but I’m sure they were wanted.

Also, I would be very interested if anyone knows the breakdown of bounty amounts placed on criminal actions. For example, what action incurs a 100, 200, 800 credit bounty and so on? Is there a guide out there that anyone knows of?

I received an 800c bounty for the aforementioned action and immediately docked at my home system and turned myself into authorities and was transported to the Detention Facility where I paid the amount. Unfortunately, I fly as an out-and-out good character, so any fine/bounty is a big deal.

I’m sure some might just say, fly more carefully. This has rarely happened - but I’m sure all commanders experience a small bounty for clipping an innocent/unwanted wing or for misidentification of a target at some point in ED.

All the best, commanders.

Last edited:
You don't have to turn yourself in and have to deal with the transit to a dention centre in order to pay off a Bounty just find an Interstellar factor (if you have 0 notoriety ) - fines ( reckless flying; smuggling ; friendly fire etc ) can be paid off at the local station using the controlling faction station contact.

Last edited:
You don't have to turn yourself in and have to deal with the transit to a dention centre in order to pay off a Bounty just find an Interstellar factor (if you have 0 notoriety ) - fines ( reckless flying; smuggling ; friendly fire etc ) can be paid off at the local station using the controlling faction station contact.

Thank you for the reply. I know of the Interstellar Factors. I decided to return to the station I suppose as part of the role play element - allied with a faction and following official legal channels with lawyers, etc.

I was able to deal with the situation at the station so I must have had 0 notoriety, meaning I hadn’t killed anyone. It certainly was a bounty and not a fine.

I targeted a Wanted FGS - Expert ranking I think. I’m pretty sure the ship was wanted. I opened fire and incurred an immediate bounty. Does anyone know what may have happened here? Of course, it could have been human error, but I’m sure they were wanted.

It was more than likely human error. Attacking a clean target earns you an assault bounty. You earned a bounty, so they were clean. FGS NPC miners are a thing as well.

Top Bottom