Bow Tie Nebula visit

A friend of mine suggested I visit the Bow Tie nebula and I thought it was a good idea. I set out in my Asp which currently has 47.81 Ly jump range and not knowing what I'd find regarding distances I collected some jumponium while travelling there.

To reach the system I used one premium FSD injection and one standard. On my way out I found that I could have done it using only two standard FSD injections. The route to reach NGC 40 was as follows:

• Reach Outordy GW-B c14-0 using normal jumps.
  • Jump to Bow-Tie Sector HR-W d1-0 (75.02 Ly) using one premium FSD injection.
  • Jump to NCG 40 star (68.90 Ly) using one standard FSD injection.
On my way out I used this route:

• From NGC 40 star reach Bow-Tie Sector DL-Y d0 using normal jumps.
  • Jump to Bow-Tie Sector HR-W d1-0 (71.58 Ly) using one standard FSD injection.
  • Jump to Bow-Tie Sector HR-W d1-1 (10.84 Ly) using a normal jump.
  • Jump to Outordy AV-O d6-1 (65.48 Ly) using one standard FSD injection.
From there I continued using normal jumps.

Below are some pics of the system which has a single Wolf-Rayet star and features beautiful colours. The system was first discovered by Cmdr Maeve.

On the final approach:
iSZ8OPp.png
5cLqQ1n.png
The system map information:
CKAL67g.png
Close to the star:
ISvRnDQ.png
NGC 7822, Cave, and Elephant's Trunk nebuale:
lDfVv1Y.png
i4ylVEe.png
Gorgeous colours:
dv2S81r.png
N4EjXnh.png
tzKZ8eY.png
qwMFEQj.png

I fancied a detour to this system - on my way to the Sapphire Veil (Scheau Phoe NB-M c24-7) and, perhaps, the Formidine Rift. Using your out-bound route I knew I could make it with my 39 LY Asp, but that'd I'd also need 4 x 100% FSD boosts and I only had 1. Needing 3 polonium and just one arsenic I had a look at each system on the way up to the start of your route, but didn't see any planets with both available. Eventually, after trying a few planets with 0.6 % chance of polonium I effectively gave up and started to head back down, to rejoin my main route, but on the way I came across a planet with both polonium (0.6 %) and arsenic (4 %) so I thought, what the hell, I'll have a go. First landing, second rock - ****ing bingo - 3 polonium, 4 arsenic! I couldn't believe it, it took me barely 30 mins from landing so I figured it was fate, and off up to NCG 40.

What a view!

Thanks for the directions, I'd almost certainly not have got there without them.

I visited here a while back, and I wish there was a system close to it, or even some landables. Still impressive though :)

I now the post is kind of old, but thanks for the tips on getting out to the star! I made it out and back and got some nice photos along the way. o7

Back
Top Bottom