BP! I finally made it out here!

ThHTcDI.jpg

7QzwLeH.jpg

Woo, finally! (it only took 4 months :p )

That's another one under the belt, do I get a cookie? :D

I guess I've got a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg journey home! Not too long I hope, I want to get to Colonia to buy those Christmas Lights for my cabin before the big day!

(And I didn't see a single WR star, Herbig star, or Carbon star on the way here!)

https://i.imgur.com/ThHTcDI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7QzwLeH.jpg

Woo, finally! (it only took 4 months :p )

That's another one under the belt, do I get a cookie? :D

I guess I've got a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg journey home! Not too long I hope, I want to get to Colonia to buy those Christmas Lights for my cabin before the big day!

(And I didn't see a single WR star, Herbig star, or Carbon star on the way here!)

Maybe the exploration forum is a better place for this, theres the 65000 Ly club :)

verminstar

Banned
Repped whatever sub forum it ends up in.

Im at a crossroads where the plan was to spend some time around the core before beagle point...but not sure now, maybe head back towards colonia and refit the ship...sorta just drifting around trying to decide. Been out since beginning of september.

Cya in the black cmdr ^

Repped whatever sub forum it ends up in.

Im at a crossroads where the plan was to spend some time around the core before beagle point...

What I would say (and what you probably already know, but I now already super know, is that you can't just head outwards from the core to BP. The abyss is too big an obstacle and is too sparsely populated with stars to make it through without a super duper jump range. 38ly jump range didn't cut it.
You have to head clockwise around the disk until you're close enough to the outermost spiral arm to scoot across the gap, and then head back down anti-clockwise (towards colonia) to get to BP. Sorta like this (not my pic):

latest

This thread helped me out quite a bit.

Congratulations Commander! That is quite an accomplishment.

Ta :).

Last edited:

verminstar

Banned
What I would say (and what you probably already know, but I now already super know, is that you can't just head outwards from the core to BP. The abyss is too big an obstacle and is too sparsely populated with stars to make it through without a super duper jump range. 38ly jump range didn't cut it.
You have to head clockwise around the disk until you're close enough to the outermost spiral arm to scoot across the gap, and then head back down anti-clockwise (towards colonia) to get to BP. Sorta like this (not my pic):

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...t_Route.png/revision/latest?cb=20170316112338

This thread helped me out quite a bit.

Ta :).

Im in a T9 with half that range...'shrugs' I like to be different and I never use any out of game resource...not once in almost two years playing. None of my ships are engineered either so anything with a huge range simply doesnt exist in my world and its never stopped me before...others have pushed stock sidewinders to BP so its certainly not impossible to get there with limited range.

But...I been out near 3 months already and at the speed I move wont make colonia till xmas at least if I head home now...then head fer BP later and not linger fer a month trying to decide. And itd be cool to see a station again this side of 2017.

Take care cmdr and enjoy the long walk back ^

Top Bottom