Powerplay Faction: Denton Patreus Bravo to the wing that blew me up!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I am a Zachary Hudson supporter and I was undermining one of your expansion systems by fighting in a military strike. I had just jumped out to get patched up and refill my shield cells boosters, and my cannon on my A-rated FDL when I was interdicted by a wing of (I assume) Denton's finest. The minigame was impossible as I never had the chance to get the crosshairs even close to the center of the reticle, as soon as I fell out of supercruise, I put 4 pips to engines and immediately boosted non-stop without turning to see who it was... some how they managed to scan, then overtake me enough to inhibit my escape due to mass...
At least one of them was a FDL, so I am still scratching my head wondering how someone at best is as fast as my ship, let alone faster, was able to pull off such a feat... Not unless there is a feature to make your ship even faster than an A-rated distributor and A-rated thrusters are able to provide..:S

Don't take this the wrong way- I understand this is part of the game and I am sure you are celebrating with your 17,500 credit reward, but time is precious to me, and losing 2 hours worth of merits and approx. 2 hours of credits is no fun at all when I had ABSOLUTELY ZERO chance to survive. Again, it isn't all that bad considering... it could have been much worse.

Nevertheless, LESSON LEARNED. I will no longer be playing in Open while I undermine systems.. at least until the Developers come out with NPC Wings.

Last edited:
Why didn't you just jump to a new system? You must know masslock doesn't affect that....

I am a Zachary Hudson supporter and I was undermining one of your expansion systems by fighting in a military strike. I had just jumped out to get patched up and refill my shield cells boosters, and my cannon on my A-rated FDL when I was interdicted by a wing of (I assume) Denton's finest. The minigame was impossible as I never had the chance to get the crosshairs even close to the center of the reticle, as soon as I fell out of supercruise, I put 4 pips to engines and immediately boosted non-stop without turning to see who it was... some how they managed to scan, then overtake me enough to inhibit my escape due to mass...
At least one of them was a FDL, so I am still scratching my head wondering how someone at best is as fast as my ship, let alone faster, was able to pull off such a feat... Not unless there is a feature to make your ship even faster than an A-rated distributor and A-rated thrusters are able to provide..:S

Don't take this the wrong way- I understand this is part of the game and I am sure you are celebrating with your 17,500 credit reward, but time is precious to me, and losing 2 hours worth of merits and approx. 2 hours of credits is no fun at all when I had ABSOLUTELY ZERO chance to survive. Again, it isn't all that bad considering... it could have been much worse.

Nevertheless, LESSON LEARNED. I will no longer be playing in Open while I undermine systems.. at least until the Developers come out with NPC Wings.
The FdL may, for example, have been running a class 3 weapon in the class 4 slot without all the armour that people love to put on them (and which slows them right down.) Diamondback Scouts can run 4 railguns; FdLs can run 5. There are several ships able to keep up with the FdL, especially if you've compromised top speed for armour.

If you're interdicted, high-wake. That's basically what killed you.

Last edited:
You made 2 mistakes OP.

1. Never play the mini game - always submit - you can charge your FSD much faster this way.
2. Always try to jump to another system as mass lock doesn't affect high wake jumps.

Other wise they were entitled to shoot you as you were undermining in open... What did you expect? A wing vs one doesn't mean anything here - they are patrolling trying to stop undermining which they successfully did. Hats off to them I say.

Not unless there is a feature to make your ship even faster than an A-rated distributor and A-rated thrusters are able to provide

once your total mass (hull + modules + fuel + cargo) goes above 50% of your thruster's optimal mass your top speed diminishes at increasing rate. fit light if you are for speed.

and if the sole purpose of a gaming session is covering a specific grind objective, doing it solo is a very logical option. the only reason for doing it in open is for the thrill but that actually means that you have way more chances to die, so works as intended.

and i have to add ... 2 hours? i've personally seen far, far worse :D we never stop learning, get back in your ship. :p

Okay I get it now! Another lesson learned... High wake out instead of trying to get back to supercruise. I always wondered how the NPCs could escape me sometimes, even though I was right on top of them :)
Also, that weight affects your speed, not just jump distance. All that being said, I still think NPC wingmen should be added!

Lane, your rude sarcasm was expected, but thanks to the other CMDRs who kindly and respectfully schooled a NOOB- I'm glad there are others who understand the golden rule and remembered what it was to be one themselves.

Last edited:
LESSON LEARNED. I will no longer be playing in Open while I undermine systems.. at least until the Developers come out with NPC Wings.

Sigh.. I can't blame you I guess although it does make a mockery of power play. It's just become a bunch of people that can't see each other and can't stop each other grinding away... That's why it should be an open only thing in the first place.. Oh yes, and like the others said, just hi-wake and you'd have been fine..

Thank you for your gracious comments. I've passed them on to the organized community. I'm sure if one of them was responsible they will come and comment here.

Thank you for your gracious comments. I've passed them on to the organized community. I'm sure if one of them was responsible they will come and comment here.

Just make sure you include my second response too.. A lot of my comments were from ignorance on how the game functions. I have no beef with them- again it is part of the game. I can also understand why others think playing Solo mode is cheating when it comes to Powerplay... Now that I am informed- I agree with them, but with the stipulations that there be options for NPC wingmen.

Everyone on here was a noob once... learn from your last experience and move on.
Solo is boring.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom