General Bring back Horizon's planet rendering tech in odyssey!

I have seen the video comparisons and I completely agree that this new planet rendering tech is a "downgrade" from its Horizons version. It could very well be possible that like many things in this buggy release, that its merely "unfinished" and if that's the case, fine, but if that's not the case and this is your "finished product" in regards to a planet generation system, please do this as soon as possible:

3c2c0cf23e1b9540-ron-swanson-throwing-away-computer-gif-11-gif-images-download.gif

and replace it with Horizon's planet rendering tech. Thank you for your consideration of this suggestion. :)

Honestly I am pretty pleased with the result of the new planet tech. Sure its not perfect. Here and there textures doing wired things. Sometimes the surface looks a bit to glossy.
Sometimes the planet surfaces looks like it is in the day site than it suddenly flips to be the dark site. That´s annoying, true.
But overall it looks much more realistic to me. As far as I understood the developers they are trying, at least with planet tech, to simulate a more plausible galaxy. Meaning celestial bodies for example are not that rough as seen for example in Horizons. Without an active core/plate tectonics cold planets and moons are expected to be a lot smoother/less mountains and less "visually pleasing" surface features. So that's what a more realistic universe looks like. Also the lighting is much better/more realistic (compared to Horizons).
Personally I always would opt for more realism in Elite.
If you want to have a simulated galaxy based on known facts and based on statistical data's you got what you asked for.
The universe sadly just doesn´t care about human aesthetics.
So if you don't like the changes better send your complains to the universe because that's what we´ve got, a more realistic look at our own galaxy.

No thank you, I am somewhat happy with the way it is, they really should have kept it the same as Alpha but they changed it because a lot of players complained, that's why it's somewhat bland now, it was much better in the Alpha, but even as it is it's better than Horizons. Apart from that, the new bio doesn't work with the old planetary tech so they would have to roll that back as well.

Back
Top Bottom