Bring the Entertainers Back!

As some of you may know, Frontier also brought to life the game Thrillville (That game was my childhood...shame). Anyways, I feel like this game is going to be awesome! Since it's still in alpha I figured "better now than later" to share my idea. My idea is a proposal to bring back the Entertainers ,from Thrillville, as new and improved park employees! Whenever I was bored in my park, I could always count on these rambunctious supporters to put a smile on my face. The animations were great; and so was the Entertainer minigame. However, I would not expect the minigame to make a comeback if these great staffers were added into the game. [squeeeeee]

Think about how great the entertainers would look with the beautiful art style of the game. [hehe] Plus, it would add immersion! You could customize their outfit with a primary and secondary color palette! They could work just as the dinosaur does, and walk around entertaining the thousands of guests in your park! Let's not even imagine the peeps reaction to them! (The Pixar animations are really good)

Did I mention they would make a nice tribute from one of my favorite childhood games!? Tell me what you guys think.

(An image of the Entertainers is below)

gpMGxEC.jpg
[/IMG]

Haha I remember these. They were fun to play with. Not sure if they would bring them back because this was something better suited for consoles... it's a nice thought though.

As some of you may know, Frontier also brought to life the game Thrillville (That game was my childhood...shame). Anyways, I feel like this game is going to be awesome! Since it's still in alpha I figured "better now than later" to share my idea. My idea is a proposal to bring back the Entertainers ,from Thrillville, as new and improved park employees! Whenever I was bored in my park, I could always count on these rambunctious supporters to put a smile on my face. The animations were great; and so was the Entertainer minigame. However, I would not expect the minigame to make a comeback if these great staffers were added into the game. [squeeeeee]

Think about how great the entertainers would look with the beautiful art style of the game. [hehe] Plus, it would add immersion! You could customize their outfit with a primary and secondary color palette! They could work just as the dinosaur does, and walk around entertaining the thousands of guests in your park! Let's not even imagine the peeps reaction to them! (The Pixar animations are really good)

Did I mention they would make a nice tribute from one of my favorite childhood games!? Tell me what you guys think.

(An image of the Entertainers is below)

http://i.imgur.com/gpMGxEC.jpg
Maybe not the minigame, but having different TYPE of entertainers would be cool, like having both mascots and cheerleaders!

One interesting aspect of Thrillville, besides a "first person" perspective, is the idea of power limits. In the game, different areas had a limit of what you could place because there was a max capacity of power for the whole area and each ride/stall added to the total electricity usage. Maybe the idea of park electricity could be expanded apon as a piece of management gameplay outside of it being wrapped up in upkeep costs?

One interesting aspect of Thrillville, besides a "first person" perspective, is the idea of power limits. In the game, different areas had a limit of what you could place because there was a max capacity of power for the whole area and each ride/stall added to the total electricity usage. Maybe the idea of park electricity could be expanded apon as a piece of management gameplay outside of it being wrapped up in upkeep costs?

I don't know if I would like limitations on what and where I can build being put into Planet Coaster. I always thought that limit was their because consoles (PS2,etc.) didn't have the best hardware specs. Though, electricity being added into the game as a maintenance cost? I would not mind it.

A good way to have the concept of having power is to have power substations placed around the park or a power plant that distributes power to the whole park.

I don't really like limitations on my park but this is just an idea.

I want lots of entertainers, including themed mascots signing autographs and taking pictures. But i also want concerts and more importantly parades.

idk if i want this, it seems kinda limiting,
in fact thrillville felt limiting itself,
don't get me wrong, i loved the game,
but it felt limiting, only being able to put rollercoasters in places they chose, and if it's too big, you're out of luck!

I was browsing 9gag and came across a very agile Gulpee on a trampoline flatride (humor me with your imagination):
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/awxMWWx_460sv.mp4

And it made me think that it would be great that Gulpee or entertainers would sometimes join people onride with the benefit of people that are on the ride with him getting an extra boost in happiness. The effect of Gulpee being obviously stronger than that of entertainers obviously.

I was browsing 9gag and came across a very agile Gulpee on a trampoline flatride (humor me with your imagination):
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/awxMWWx_460sv.mp4

And it made me think that it would be great that Gulpee or entertainers would sometimes join people onride with the benefit of people that are on the ride with him getting an extra boost in happiness. The effect of Gulpee being obviously stronger than that of entertainers obviously.
That video. [squeeeeee][squeeeeee][squeeeeee]

Last edited:
I didn't even think about cheerleaders, that's pretty great
On that topic it would be nice to see other kinds of entertainment instead of just mascots. At parks you see everything from the guys on stilt legs, the bungee shoe people, magicians, those guys giving lectures on stuff, and so on

Top Bottom