Cacomistle's DLC Ideas

Thanks for the info. I've updated the Asiatic Pack to include the Chinese Giant Salamander instead:

A1-BC57-C9-D750-43-AC-B326-AB8-D9-D810851.png

As for the Middle Eastern Pack, does anyone have any suggestions for scenery theming? I can't think of much given the Africa Pack's architectural influences were largely Middle Eastern, albeit I'm not very familiar with Middle Eastern architecture.

In further news, I am currently working on a couple graphics for packs for some of the higher priority regions of the globe. The currently completed one will be coming next.
Honestly I would make it a animal pack to include a lot more west Asian / northern African animals that we really really lack

You have very good ideas, but for me the number of land animals is absolutely sufficient. I would be happy if we finally get birds connected with the possibility to build aviaries and then in the follow-up aquarium animals. Jurassic World 2 already has pterosaurs (flying dinosaur), so that shouldn't be impossible. I would also be happy to be able to build butterfly houses. Maybe that would be possible in the vivariums, just like small fishes should be able to swim in the vivariums.

Honestly I would make it a animal pack to include a lot more west Asian / northern African animals that we really really lack
I'm definitely planning on splitting up the number of Northern African animals between the African Animal Pack and Middle Eastern Pack. I've noticed that if I were to put all them in the Middle Eastern pack, there'd be a bit of a gap in notable flagship species for the African Animal Pack. Of course, there'd still be a number of them, just split between the DLC.
Middle East scenry concept taken from reddit. Eventually based on first civilizations (Mesopotamia).
Thanks Doran! This is a massive help.

You have very good ideas, but for me the number of land animals is absolutely sufficient. I would be happy if we finally get birds connected with the possibility to build aviaries and then in the follow-up aquarium animals. Jurassic World 2 already has pterosaurs (flying dinosaur), so that shouldn't be impossible. I would also be happy to be able to build butterfly houses. Maybe that would be possible in the vivariums, just like small fishes should be able to swim in the vivariums.
I certainly disagree about the number of land animals being sufficient, as I've demonstrated so far. As for including aviary animals, I've generally been considering making a self-contained set of DLC for them, but I'm very tentative. Ideally it'd be a similar system to exhibit animals, where they're a bonus category on top of the existing animal count, but I'm avoiding touching aviary birds until we get to see how Frontier is going to handle them themselves. I definitely think they are coming at some point, I just don't know how Frontier will deal with them ...It's also worth noting that pterosaurs aren't flying dinosaurs.

While small fish would be nice, they are absolutely at the bottom of my priorities. There are so many animals I think we need more desperately than aquarium fish, and as many have stated I think it's better fit to a separate game, especially with the shrinking time left to fit everything into the game.
-

Also, another poll: Which of these African monkeys would you be most interested in including (assuming Hamadryas Baboon is already coming, ofc)?
• Mantled Guereza / Black and White Colobus
• Diana Monkey
• Schmidt's Guenon / Red-Tailed Guenon
• De Brazza's Monkey
Do note that I might not end up choosing the most popular option, I'm just trying to gauge which is most wanted by the community.

Last edited:
Also, another poll: Which of these African monkeys would you be most interested in including (assuming Hamadryas Baboon is already coming, ofc)?
• Diana Monkey
• De Brazza's Monkey
Do note that I might not end up choosing the most popular option, I'm just trying to gauge which is most wanted by the community.
My vote's for the Mantled Guereza. It's one of my most wanted primates.

• Diana Monkey
• De Brazza's Monkey
I'd love to see all of them (especially the first and last) but I'd probably go with the mantled guereza, just for how common it is in zoos compared to other Old World monkeys.

It certainly feels a little out of left field for me 😅

I wonder what a Europe revisited would look like in your view. Personally I much prefer the red deer over the wapiti, as it is such a European icon and has a beautiful deep voice and dark coat, so I would have chosen the white tailed deer or even better, the north american black bear for your pack instead. Or the collared peccary or bighorn sheep. Or striped skunk! 😁
@Cacomistle I found two videos for comparison! Interesting for anyone to hear actually!

First, Wapiti bugling, which sounds like squealing / screeching:

Second, red deer roaring, which is deep and resonating:

Last edited:
When I say I would buy each of these pack ideas, I really mean I would go to an ATM right now to give the cash in person. 😂

I really hope we get a Nocturnal Pack down the line, especially. It’s one of those packs / updates that would really encourage new sections and staple builds in the average players zoo that would make a DLC feel less like a bunch of cosmetic choices and more like an actual expansion on the gameplay formula in the way the Aquatic DLC felt at launch when attached to its respective update. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a Zoo in the UK that hasn’t at least had some small building for one or two nocturnal species.

(Bonus points for a walkthrough Bat enclosure. The required adjustments for polished inclusion could also be used for a rainbow lorikeet walkthrough to also be done justice down the road I imagine!)

Top Bottom