Can't access a couple engineers - Liz Ryder and the Dweller

With Liz Ryder I've been cordial for quite a while with the Eurybia Blue Mafia but am still locked out.

With the dweller I've dealt with 3 black markets in different areas but he says I've only dealt with one.

Am I doing something wrong?

There is nothing wrong with either of these engineers - i have unlocked them both.

You need to fulfill two things for an engineer to become available:

1. you need an invitation (eurybia blue mafia for example);
2. you need to GIVE THEM SOMETHING - it is listed in their conditions. Liz Ryder needs 200 units of landmines and The Dweller needs 500,000 cr.

go here:

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Engineers

There is nothing wrong with either of these engineers - i have unlocked them both.

You need to fulfill two things for an engineer to become available:

1. you need an invitation (eurybia blue mafia for example);
2. you need to GIVE THEM SOMETHING - it is listed in their conditions. Liz Ryder needs 200 units of landmines and The Dweller needs 500,000 cr.

go here:

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Engineers

Actually there has been reports of the dweller not unlocking and FDEV did respond...
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/266442-quot-The-Dweller-quot-not-unlocking

Hmm - that doesn't confirm there was a problem - but yeah okay if there is a bug - it hasn't hit me...so maybe i just lucky!!

I got 3/5 and was stuck after visiting three more blackmarkets and dumping goods. I logged out completely and closed the app, restarted and it cleared them all to the corrected amount. I'm wondering if people are sleeping the app instead of exiting it and it is not updating properly. It's similar to having the engineer's resources open right after you unlock them. I was all ready to give farseer my 5m in exploration data but her cartographers button was red right after I gave her the meta alloy. I left in a hough and then read that you need to log out and restart a different session and it will clear...

Update in case anybody else has the same problem. I logged in today and I now have access to the Dweller. Apparently there is some sort of a delay in recognizing it. With Liz Ryder still no access. I'm wondering if I have to travel to a particular station to gain access to Ryder. I've been cordial with the Eurybia blue mafia for a few days.

Note that Dwellers home system Wyrd has 3 of the 5 black markets needed to unlock him. Ignore the counter, you need to log in/out for it to update. Use your status-> smuggling statistics if you've lost count.

Did Liz recently, if you mode switch a few times it should pop the invite mission from UBM. (Unless mode switching is against your morals in which case enjoy flying back and to for an hour or so.)

I was one of the people that filed an initial ticket on the dweller being bugged. He is not. It's more to do with the 'state' of the cargo then the actual cargo type.

Below is the answer:

The cargo has to be 'stolen'.

Note that Dwellers home system Wyrd has 3 of the 5 black markets needed to unlock him. Ignore the counter, you need to log in/out for it to update. Use your status-> smuggling statistics if you've lost count.

Did Liz recently, if you mode switch a few times it should pop the invite mission from UBM. (Unless mode switching is against your morals in which case enjoy flying back and to for an hour or so.)

I don't know what mode switching is. The funny thing about this is I got the stolen cargo I used to unlock the Dweller from the Eurybia Blue Mafia by accepting a "smuggling mission for fun" from them and then abandoning the mission and stealing the cargo. I doubt they will file a police report :)

Last edited:
I was one of the people that filed an initial ticket on the dweller being bugged. He is not. It's more to do with the 'state' of the cargo then the actual cargo type.

Below is the answer:

The cargo has to be 'stolen'.

Interesting since I didn't steal anything. Just abandoned missions that gave me cargo then flipped the cargo to the blackmarket and paid the fine. Guess they consider that stolen.

I don't know what mode switching is. The funny thing about this is I got the stolen cargo I used to unlock the Dweller from the Eurybia Blue Mafia by accepting a "smuggling mission for fun" from them and then abandoning the mission and stealing the cargo. I doubt they will file a police report :)
Technically in Eurybia, they are the police ;)

Interesting since I didn't steal anything. Just abandoned missions that gave me cargo then flipped the cargo to the blackmarket and paid the fine. Guess they consider that stolen.
Well you stole it from the mission giver. They gave you cargo to deliver, you didn't do that and kept the cargo. Theft :)

Re The Dweller. I bought narcotics and then went to 5 other systems and sold them at black markets. It was showing as 0/5 on the engineer panel. I googled it, read some workarounds and thought I'd just do it another time and just did other stuff in game for a while.

Logged in today and had my invitation message from him.

Re The Dweller. I bought narcotics and then went to 5 other systems and sold them at black markets. It was showing as 0/5 on the engineer panel. I googled it, read some workarounds and thought I'd just do it another time and just did other stuff in game for a while.

Really suspect it is a logging issue where once a CMDR finishes the request, they have to log out and log in to have the system update. Odd... but there it is.

Update in case anybody else has the same problem. I logged in today and I now have access to the Dweller. Apparently there is some sort of a delay in recognizing it. With Liz Ryder still no access. I'm wondering if I have to travel to a particular station to gain access to Ryder. I've been cordial with the Eurybia blue mafia for a few days.

Now - i remember i had this problem too! I was cordial with them, and i was "whats going on, why hasnt it changed?'.

So... it turns out that getting cordial is only STEP 1.

STEP 2 - is that you need to look out for a MISSION on the mission board from Eurbia Blue Mafia - i think it is called "Engineer Mission" or something similar. I remember it sticking out and it was real easy to do - i think mine was a data drop or scan or something. THEN she will unlock.

When in doubt, turn it on and off again :D

Top Bottom