Can't get Elite to even start on new PC

Greetings,

With MANY Forum posts over the years having issues with Frontier products I'm not too confident purchasing them on Steam. It seems many posts occur when ED or other products have an update. Then again maybe 95 percent of players who bought ED on Steam have no issues and we see the 5 percent that do. That makes the Forum look like there is a major problem when maybe it isn't. We can't really tell. Welcome to Forums.

I've purchased two accounts on the PC directly never with a Steam account and one on the PS4. Whenever Frontier comes up with a major update (Odyssey in the works...) the international world of ED players hits the Frontier servers all at the same time and so far they cannot keep up. Adding more players in Christmas 2020. Personally I wait a week to see what bugs Frontier added to the game then check it out. Still how does Steam players do getting access to the servers?

For Christmas I've purchased gift certificates from Steam to make a lot of kids happy playing games on Christmas day for whatever game they wanted to purchase. Same this year. I don't know if they did ED. So far no complaints. I purchased X4 Foundations, played it for months to the point where I pretty much mastered all opening every sector and having multiple stations that I built becoming a self sustaining game. Then I haven't played it for a year.

Logging in today I couldn't remember how to play X4 just launching or landing a ship. I had no clue about the mouse, keyboard or HOTAS controls let alone what all those graphic complex pages telling me about the status of my world in this game. I've forgotten everything! Try not to get old. Right.

The point is that X4 probably had a few updates in the last year. Logging in today it was like that I had never left. It came up no problem and I had to figure out where I was and what ship that I was in. So I wonder could Frontier games do the same on Steam? Are 95 percent of players seeing this? Who knows...

Regards

Top Bottom