General / Off-Topic Captain America Civil War

Did anyone see this movie. I just finished watching it and there were a couple of things that I think were totally out of character according to the comics that some of it was based on.

1. Peter Parker's aunt May - In the comics, she was an elderly woman, but in this movie she was middle aged.
  2. The style that the actor portraying Spiderman just did not fit with the style of the same character that was in the first three Spiderman movies, plus he was a bit younger too.

The rest of the movie was pretty good, but for me fell a little flat in these areas. Any opinions?

I think the it is good how it is. It's more dynamic than the boring three ones. But years ago where the first three came out of course they were state of the art. But in comparison with the newer ones I like the new ones more.
I think aunt may should be older like we always knew. But it's ok.

I actually preferred the Spiderman portrayal in this movie. He isn't already super cool and is still learning about things. Yes Aunt may could have been a little older but that isn't the end of the world.

There are many more jarring and awful moments in this film that just don't suit the rest of the Mavel world we have been shown. Common sense went out the window, they killed off whatever his name was at the start way too quickly. The way the rift happened was silly.

The ending was meh, the fact that one normal guy who ok was special forces was able to do so much but when the German special forces come for Buck they all suck in comparison.

Black Panther was underwhelming considering what he offers, his training, his suit etc. He never required further training from Captain America unlike the other Avengers because he already has the same level of ability and his suit is made from the same material as the shield and is bullet proof so yeah. Overall just seemed uninspiring.

I am sure there is more but those are the key thoughts I have had in this regards when I last watched it.

I thought the ending was amazing, gave so much depth to an already deep movie. If you want to explain the ex machinas that the "villain", (spoiler, Stark was the true antagonist) could somehow plan out all these events perfectly, say he was a mutant who could predict the future. Also makes his, spoiler, attempted suicide more meaningful, he knew his fate, but he tried anyways.

Top Bottom