Newcomer / Intro Cargo Scoop help please.

I remember how to scoop from the old days so when I found barrels in a USS I was a happy camper, until it turned into the worst football (UK football)expo ever.

I thought my cargo scoop opened like the fuel scoop, as needed. Guess it doesn't. Is there a default key to open it? I know I can remap it if I have to.

Thanks

It's a key you have to press akin to the landing gear. Not sure default binding, you can find cargo scoop in the controls options though!

Hello,

You can activate your cargo scoop on the right panel / function / cargo scoop ;)
I personnaly prefer this way than the keyboard, It is much more immersive.

Good fly !

ok then, thank you all very much. I don't have a working mic. I generally play solo because of that. My first day in game people were getting upset because I was ignoring voice chat requests. They were also laughing at my poor attempts at landing on a platform. Meanies! That didn't really bother me. I'd laugh to if I saw a SW cart wheeling around a landing pad.

It'll warn you both visually and audibly if you're going too fast. All you have to do is center the target in the display at the bottom, then move slowly forward until you scoop it up. Some ships are easier to do this in than others - some apparently have protrusions near the scoop, and in my Asp I manage to bump the target with some part of my ship about 10% of the time... No problems in the Sidewinder, though.

Oh, and yes, you have to target something to scoop it. I tested it today, and if I untarget something JUST before scooping, the scoop just ignores it and goes straight through for some reason.

GOOD NEWS
I got the scoop to open and close. One more step to being a pro.

BAD NEWS
When I managed to buy that fuel scoop that didn't quit fit, I sold my cargo holds. Two steps back to nOObotonia

Not enjoying Cargo Scooping at all. I get the idea, target cargo (or asteroid chunk), line up with blue crosshair, fly slowly..
Then one of these happen.

1. As I get real close, the item I'm trying scoop decides to suddenly move downwards rapidly, totally missing the cargo scoop.. Like it's suddently decided "Nope, dont want to go in there, I'm off".
2. Or it bounces off my ship and goes off for a spin somewhere. (I guess this is becuase I'm trying to counter point 1 above).
3. Or very occasionally it will be totally misaligned, but then magically scoop.

I cannot work out the mechanic at all, thus I can only consider it broken. I've tried looking up how others do it, and as far as I can tell I'm doing what they are, thou' most videos on-line show someone scooping a perfectly still piece of cargo, usually one they just jettisoned.

My milage varies, in a sidewinder I have no issues, with most other ships I've tried (Viper , Adder) I just get so close, then it runs away or it bounces off my ship.

Very very fustrating, so if someone could be so kind to demo it in an Adder? or maybe the devs could explain what is going on.

I think the real problem is there is no external view thus I have no visual reference to what I'm doing (wrong). I don't want an external camera whilst flying, but I would like some idea what the scoop looks like, where it is deployed on the ship, whats my margin of error (does the cannister/rock need to be a certain alignment?). The blue aiming target seems way off to me (in the adder), or the margin for error is far too small.

Worked it out, the Adder has a strange nose that gets in the way; so best to line up cargo so it's slightly below the aiming crosshairs. Turn your ship until the cargo is not moving up/down, then slowly move forwards, using just the vertical up/down, horizontal left/right movement to adjust. (so not tilting to move, but sliding).

Top Bottom