Catering to niche guests idea

One common suggestion or request often thrown around is for individual guests to have certain needs. While I FULLY see why this isn't possible when guests are typically treated more like numbers and you can have up to thousands at a time in a park, I did have an idea for how to get guest appeal involved in a way that wouldn't break old saves or cause problems with the rating system, a more aesthetic but immersive change.

This idea would be to implement niche guests which become more or less abundant depending on the type of park you have. Some ideas include the following:
Thrill seekers: This is an easy one. If you have dinosaurs with a lot of combat infamy or fights/hunting occurs often, this demographic will be attracted more to your park. This was one of the main ideas I had since I was thinking of ways to try and keep different species of carnivore together that can fight each other but you try to keep alive together for an extra benefit.
Paleo nerds: These can be attracted to parks with a lot of enclosures that have dinosaurs from the same dig sites, such as Torosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus from the Hell Creek Formation.
Business men/women: An odd one, but this niche can work well if your park REALLY caters to guest satisfaction, perhaps if your park even has an over-abundance of guest amenities or a lot of overpriced shops, they will be attracted more to it.
I'm sure there are more options that can be thought up and I encourage people to give out suggestions, this is just a starting point.

So then the next question would be, what can this new feature add to the game? While I don't think these should be individual meters that you NEED to cater to, I think a lot of people would think it pretty immersive if each of their parks perhaps catered to different demographics in this way, perhaps with some groups preferring certain types of dinosaurs like ankylosaurs or small carnivores. Benefits could be in the form of donations from people who enjoy these types of enclosures, and perhaps enclosures that cater to their demographics may get increased traffic, which would then mean a lot more infrastructure would have to be built around them to cater to the bigger crowds. Maybe this would cause too many problems to older saves or even challenge mode, but something small that only enhances parks rather than make them more difficult could be a cool extra layer of depth that the game could benefit from. But again, if this is PURELY for aesthetics in terms of the kinds of guests you see (similar to how with high science/security reputation you see a lot of scientists in lab coats or personnel in security uniforms respectively). I think there is potential here for something cool that people would like to see, curious what some of you think about it.

I think this would be cool if it was also a visual change to the guests based on the selected dinosaurs you have in your park.

Like if we have a lot of sauropods and hadrosaurs, these dinosaurs are very peaceful and would generate guests that are of the older demographics.
And if we have a lot of carnivores, we could have lots of youth at first, but then a lot of guests with vibrant and explosive attire.

And we could unlock special guests by having a select number of species.
So if we have lets say, parasaurolophus, brachiosaurus, tyranosaurus rex, velociraptors, triceratops, stegosaurus, and gallimimus all in the same park, then we could have guests wearing the attire of the first movie's cast. Imitating Ian malcoms, alan grants, dr sattlers, Dennis Nedries, and john hammonds as our guests!

Top Bottom