"Chase" Game Mechanic Proposal

There's millions of things that could be added to the game, but i can't stop thinking about all the possible implications of this relative simple mechanic that i think would add some depth to certain gameplay bits.

I've seen that all carnivores, when reaching their preys, roar at them. And these preys, humans or goat, stay still, waiting to be eaten like they're blind and deaf.
This not only looks bad, but also feels like a missed opportunity.

What if they could see the danger sometime, and start to run for their life, forcing the hungry carnivore to go into a "chase mode", a mode where stats are temporarily altered and the animal, blindly focused on chasing his prey, become much stronger and can handle more shot before being sedated?
Just like predators in real life.

During a breakout, players will feel serious panic knowing that a carnivore could start a chase on a visitor that will be dead soon if they don't act fast.
Also, this could give the players alot of interesting things to watch in the fences in terms of animal interactions, like T-rex chasing Gallimimus or small herbivores and all those things which should be part of a Jurassic Park/World experience.

I feel the game currently miss things like this, but what do you guys think?

P.S. Oh and please, even as a DLC, let us build Jurassic Park on Nublar in 1993.

Last edited:
Top Bottom