Cinematic

I don’t want to make cinematic vids I want a automated cinematic camera option that is present in other games such as GTA and Gran Turismo.
aaah, ok, now i understand you, thanks for the explanation, yes, could be nice feature. maybe as additional proposal, this automated video-sequence around the ship could play for the main-menu in game, for all CMDR's who logged out in space instead of at station.

I believe he's talking about something that used to be in Flight Simulator 4 through 10. You could replay the last 15 minutes of your flight and look at it from any different angle, etc.

The problem is that while one is doing that HERE, your ship is still flying and you should be watching what you're doing instead of enjoying the pretty views that happen .... just before you smacked into that asteroid you didn't see because you had the camera in FRONT of the ship looking back at it.

I believe he's talking about something that used to be in Flight Simulator 4 through 10. You could replay the last 15 minutes of your flight and look at it from any different angle, etc.

The problem is that while one is doing that HERE, your ship is still flying and you should be watching what you're doing instead of enjoying the pretty views that happen .... just before you smacked into that asteroid you didn't see because you had the camera in FRONT of the ship looking back at it.
I certainly never toasted my SRV to death at a fumerole while in the camera looking at the pretty sparks - oh no, I never did that ...

IMHO something like in DCS World - you press F3 and can see your plane in the distance flying towards the camera in a panning shot (while you still fly the plane, all controls work etc.). Something which has been shot down on this forum since forever, and was a cause of grief to stubborn "muh immershun" people who regarded external cam while you can still control the ship as blasphemous :p

IMHO something like in DCS World - you press F3 and can see your plane in the distance flying towards the camera in a panning shot (while you still fly the plane, all controls work etc.). Something which has been shot down on this forum since forever, and was a cause of grief to stubborn "muh immershun" people who regarded external cam while you can still control the ship as blasphemous :p
AFAIK it's already possible with free camera, i fly my ship while i can see my ship from outside.

Currently if you’re using the camera suite you can still fly into things if you’re not careful so that won’t change.
What I’m after is a option in the camera suite to use a cinematic mode where various shots(flybys,long-shots ect)are randomly cycled through.
I think it would be a cool addition.

I can get behind the OP suggestion.

Heck, I'd be happy to just have the camera let me actually customize the "set" camera angles using the free camera tools, so that I could quickly switch between my own customized presets instead of having to always use free camera (because ALL of the default views are way too zoomed in for my tastes).

On this same note, I'd love if the game implimented a "replay" feature. Nvidia has some tech that lets games do this which is pretty cool. I'd love to be able to just click a button and watch (and maybe choose to save) a cinimatic-view replay of the last few minutes of combat.

Last edited:

Heck, I'd be happy to just have the camera let me actually customize the "set" camera angles using the free camera tools, so that I could quickly switch between my own customized presets instead of having to always use free camera (because the ALL of the default views are way too zoomed in for my tastes).
Yup - on the SRV I often use an 'over the shoulder' 3rd person view for driving around guardian sites, and it would be so cool if I didn't have to re-set it up every time.

Heck, I'd be happy to just have the camera let me actually customize the "set" camera angles using the free camera tools, so that I could quickly switch between my own customized presets instead of having to always use free camera (because the ALL of the default views are way too zoomed in for my tastes).

On this same note, I'd love if the game implimented a "replay" feature. Nvidia has some tech that lets games do this which is pretty cool. I'd love to be able to just click a button and watch (and maybe choose to save) a cinimatic-view replay of the last few minutes of combat.

camera presets? YES! please as XML-config, so we can share cool presets with camera motion and position, would be nice to have various tools, like: set Camera to relative or Absolute position (x,y,z) from Ship/SRV/Object, another cool set would be a motion: we could set a start and end position (x, y, z) then moving speed and the view-angle/direction of the camera.... and and and... 😁;):love:

Yeah you can control the ship now, but it was introduced with the revamped "Camera menu" which was previously called something like "classified camera toggle", before holo me. You couldn't control the ship back then.

Top Bottom