Claire mission fails when Baryonix dies of old age

I saved a baryonix which now alway dies of old age in the middle of the 3rd mission of the claire-campaign... what to do? is this a bug or feature? do i really have to start all over again? as the baryonix is a meateater, he cant get the paleobiology buffs for age.
it actually already happend in part 2 of the mission, but i could load a savefile and then it didnt happen again, untill now at the end of the 3rd part where it always happens... i thought that dino is not mission related anymore now, untill it died and the whole thing failed... i saved stegos and other herd dinos and managed somehow to breed enough dinos to keep them happy, tranquilize them untill the new dinos were hatched... and now i have to start all over again? this is really frustrating... at least we should be warned somehow... this is a big minus in a DLC i like otherwise a lot.

Last edited:
I've noticed some real issues with the DLC which will eventually be addressed I'm sure. Like for one I got lucky and saved larger Dinosaurs instead of any of the small Pachys or Gallamimus, as well as two of the Carnivores. Which made it a little easier to reach 5 stars on Sanctuary. It took hours of grinding to achieve 5 stars with a rather measly selection of Dinosaurs to choose from. The DLC did not go as I thought it would at all, not to say it was bad, but the implementation of things was off.

I just finished the DLC with a five star sanctuary.

A bit of a slog in the end really.

From Nubla I saved:

Albertosaurus
Carnatourus
2x Corythosourus
Ankylosaurus
2x Sinoceratops
Brachiosaurus

I wasnt really thinking well ahead, I didnt know what to expect on Sanctuary, but I thought that selection would be a good start.

So with them, and I was given access to the DLC ones and Trex, Raptor Kentrosaurus and Polacantus.

To get up to five stars I ended up max population herds of all the Herbivores, 2 enclosures each of 2 Albertos and Carns(so 4 each), and an extra T rex in the Brachio enclosure and just two raptors and a trex in another.

Finally there.

My feelings are that I was in the end just smashing out duplications of animals, from a limited choice. A grind really and the fun was beginning to lapse.

This time i saved only 5 Sinoceratops and 3 Triceratops and breeded a Tyrannosaurus. It was hard to gat the required money so far but now as the T-rex is there i hope i can make it. Actually the game said something about diversity, but let's see how it works this way. At least they were happy from the beginning without breeding more Dinos. I think in my first try i had the 5 star rating already caus i was asked to build a Jurassic Tour just when it always failed due to the death of the Baryonix.

it actually already happend in part 2 of the mission, but i could load a savefile and then it didnt happen again, untill now at the end of the 3rd part where it always happens... i thought that dino is not mission related anymore now, untill it died and the whole thing failed... i saved stegos and other herd dinos and managed somehow to breed enough dinos to keep them happy, tranquilize them untill the new dinos were hatched... and now i have to start all over again?.

was this after you left nublar north to sanctuary or before that?

Like for one I got lucky and saved larger Dinosaurs instead of any of the small Pachys or Gallamimus, as well as two of the Carnivores.

I did the same and saved 1 albertosaurus, 2 brachs and 5 apatosaurs. I like the limitations and the choice making but it does suck once you've completed the missions and five starred the island. This so far is may favorite park but I cant do anything else in it because I am already using all of the available dinosaurs. I guess that is okay because I could just play challenge mode on sanctuary but it sucks that I have to abandon a park I really like and start over.

was this after you left nublar north to sanctuary or before that?
That was after i left Nublar north, in the 3rd part of the mission when in had to build a Jurassic Tour when the Baryonix always died of old age.
This time i saved only 5 Sinoceratops and 3 Triceratops and breeded a Tyrannosaurus. It was hard to gat the required money so far but now as the T-rex is there i hope i can make it. Actually the game said something about diversity, but let's see how it works this way. At least they were happy from the beginning without breeding more Dinos. I think in my first try i had the 5 star rating already caus i was asked to build a Jurassic Tour just when it always failed due to the death of the Baryonix.
This time i could finish it, but i had 4 Sinoceratops that died out of 5 saved, and the last saved Sinoceratops had a estimated age of 80 and a real age of 96 when i completed the mission! :) So it was close, i think if that one would have died too, the whole mission would fail again.

Top Bottom