CNB Traffic

I have a slightly odd situation, which I am sure is just a result of random traffic, but I cant see WHAT the random traffic is doing to make it "less appealing"

Small System
CNB
Only station is an Outpost at 350,000ls
Controlling Faction drops about 4% per day spread out to all other factions.

Traffic is normally about 12 ships, 8 of which are Large, the remaining 4 ships are random medium ships.
Nobody with any sense would be using the Outpost for missions, smuggling or to hand in any bounties from the CNB.
The large ships cant be using the outpost

AFAIK The only way the system controller could be losing so consistently would be for the traffic be using the CNB to grind out Innocent Trader materials, but there are no CMDRs listed with major bounties, and surely an Anarchy system would be better.

Any suggestions ?

Deleted member 38366

D
If the System is an active Expansion hub, it'd lose 3.0% per Day during the active Expansion phase.

Both if that's not the case, you'll have to dig deeper.
  • do Crime Reports exist and what figures do they state per day
  • do Bounty Hunter Reports exist and what figures do they state per day
  • is there any "Best Sellers" list
  • what exactly is stated in Top 5 Bounty List and what behavior does the Ship types/size of Bounties indicate ; additionally are those local (this System) bounties or could those be listed for Factions existing in other Systems as well
  • what Ship types (Large vs. Medium/Small) are indicated
  • check the Trade Tables (Player trade) in the Galaxy map and check for negative/illicit goods
  • Benchmark : what positive Inputs did you make during the same periods and is there any correlation between own activity and undesired Inf losses

Takes a bit of effort and time piecing such puzzles together - but it's possible.

Anarchy faction in a nearby system that someone wants to push generating massacre or assassination missions targeted at this faction?
All Anarchy factions within 20ly are all below 5%, so nobody pushing them.

Trade Map just shows any efforts I make to support the Controlling Faction (including Delivery Missions OUT of system, which surprised me, I thought it would show just Market Trades)
Its not positive work being recorded incorrectly. If I do nothing, it goes down. If I support the system, it is easy to make it go up 5%.

Last edited:
If the System is an active Expansion hub, it'd lose 3.0% per Day during the active Expansion phase.

Both if that's not the case, you'll have to dig deeper.
  • do Crime Reports exist and what figures do they state per day
  • do Bounty Hunter Reports exist and what figures do they state per day
  • is there any "Best Sellers" list
  • what exactly is stated in Top 5 Bounty List and what behavior does the Ship types/size of Bounties indicate ; additionally are those local (this System) bounties or could those be listed for Factions existing in other Systems as well
  • what Ship types (Large vs. Medium/Small) are indicated
  • check the Trade Tables (Player trade) in the Galaxy map and check for negative/illicit goods
  • Benchmark : what positive Inputs did you make during the same periods and is there any correlation between own activity and undesired Inf losses
Takes a bit of effort and time piecing such puzzles together - but it's possible.
Top 5 Local Bounties - Is it actually local Bounties ? We own 50 systems so if it is faction bounties, it doesnt mean much. Anyway : 1x600,000 + 2x50,000 all of whom are now hundreds of ly away + 2 obvious accidents
Detailed Traffic - 4 Conda, 1 Vette, 1 Cutter. Another 10 random medium ships 1 visit each.
No Crime Report
No Best Sellers
As mentioned above, nothing of interest on Trade lines, or benchmark issues.

I am not really after solid evidence of anything, just some ideas as to what it could be. I cant think of any reasonable traffic type activity that could cause it (although I am sure it IS traffic)

Deleted member 38366

D
Top 5 Local Bounties - Is it actually local Bounties ? We own 50 systems so if it is faction bounties, it doesnt mean much. Anyway : 1x600,000 + 2x50,000 all of whom are now hundreds of ly away + 2 obvious accidents
Detailed Traffic - 4 Conda, 1 Vette, 1 Cutter. Another 10 random medium ships 1 visit each.
No Crime Report
No Best Sellers
As mentioned above, nothing of interest on Trade lines, or benchmark issues.

I am not really after solid evidence of anything, just some ideas as to what it could be. I cant think of any reasonable traffic type activity that could cause it (although I am sure it IS traffic)

On the Top 5 Bounties, things get very difficult with 50 Systems. Not impossible but barely worth the effort, although the location indicator in the Top 5 Board for the wanted Ships can be very useful to build a movement pattern or even their POO (Point of Origin).

But if you control 50 Systems, you most likely just found your answer - someone is opposing you and that means even a 350k Ls distant Outpost can easily become a Target. Probably intentionally that this System was picked.
(no other rational answer exist for Systems that are "economically unfeasible" and offer no other incentive to make those longer travels)

Now everything boils down to : cui bono? and what's the MO/Aim of your Opposition?
On which feet did you step? Ongoing BGS conflicts?

A 350k Ls distant Conflict or Elections can be a very nice distraction (time-consuming), so that's something to consider.

Now the BGS Analysis can take place if you wish - what's the Influence Distribution of the affected System?
Did all other Factions gain equally according to their Influence (percentage of daily gains)? - your System is likely the Target of -Inf actions, such as smuggling, causing direct Inf losses for your Faction that get re-distributed across all other existing Factions in the System.
Did a specific other Faction gain prominently? It is likely the Target for +Inf support which drops your own Faction down, in such cases also very likely the picked Candidate for a planned BGS conflict (i.e. a War/Civil War candidate).

If the MO of your Opposition has been worked out, does it match previously observed Inf attacks in terms of MO? If so, you might have found your most likely culprit if previously identified in the past. Ship types used >can< give that away so some extent, but that requires alot of observation and tracked Data in the past.

In point-blank theory, it could even be something I have witnessed in the past, but that is not for the public - and it would have some very distinct prerequisites to ever happen to you.

Disclaimer : above all just based on the little Data I have, so nothing more than "best possible assessment" with a bit probabilistic logic applied to it.

PS.
There's another possibility, although rather unlikely :
The affected System is target for profitable Missions, which get a nice Payout increase attached to them due to the involved Distance.
With the current structure and limitations of the Mission System, though, I'd deem that not very realistic since not many would pick up such long travels on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom