Powerplay Faction: Aisling Duval Collecting Merits

What's the fastest way to get Merits with Aisling Duval? Fortifying? Preparing? Undermining? Do you get 15 Merits per hostile kill on opposing powers' turf?

What's the fastest way to get Merits with Aisling Duval? Fortifying? Preparing? Undermining? Do you get 15 Merits per hostile kill on opposing powers' turf?

30 Merits per kill of any PP faction aligned ship, pulled from super-cruise. (NON imperial ships only)

Kumo Crew Watch, Alliance Enforcer, Federal Agent, Utopian Overseer, Sirius Security = Fair game.

Shield, Sentinals, Guardians = You would lose merits for killing.

The other way to get merits through combat is some powers (ALD, Hudson, Kumo Crew) have Combat Zones spawned in systems they are expanding to, which you can drop into, and kill ships for 10 merits a pop.

Personally I prefer undermining, but if you have a trade vessel fortification can be efficient (and good for your power) as well.

When undermining in enemy space I recommend bringing a wing of 2-3 friends with you, and every time one of you interdicts (or gets interdicted by) one of the targets listed above, you all "tag" that target by shooting it, at least once. Everyone announces through teamspeak/in game comms/text that they have the targets tagged, then you all finish off the targets (wingmen first then wing leaders, if it's a wing).

You will all earn the 30 merits per ship. Wings of 3 are worth 90 merits total, for the individual, and have a total impact of 360 Undermining Merits toward that system, should you all get tags and turn in your merits.

Last edited:
Etherimp's info on undermining is correct, but I add the additional caveat that while undermining is by far the fastest route to gain merits, it is also by far the least productive/useful for the power.

I personally advocate that new players start with undermining for a few weeks because it is the easy way to get a few fat paychecks saved up.

Once you are an established player and can afford to buy a bigger ship, I strongly encourage you to give something back to the power by doing something more useful like fortification.

Once you get a very firm grasp on the mechanics (which are not that straight forward), then you can try to help with prep and expansion, but I strongly encourage noobs should stay away from prep/expansion because it is so easy to cause permanent damage to the power by getting the wrong system on our prep/expansion lists.

TL DR Undermining is the "Junk Food" of merits, fast and easy, but it does very little to help the power because none of our phases are combat oriented.

Last edited:
Etherimp's info on undermining is correct, but I add the additional caveat that while undermining is by far the fastest route to gain merits, it is also by far the least productive/useful for the power.

I personally advocate that new players start with undermining for a few weeks because it is the easy way to get a few fat paychecks saved up.

Once you are an established player and can afford to buy a bigger ship, I strongly encourage you to give something back to the power by doing something more useful like fortification.

Once you get a very firm grasp on the mechanics (which are not that straight forward), then you can try to help with prep and expansion, but I strongly encourage noobs should stay away from prep/expansion because it is so easy to cause permanent damage to the power by getting the wrong system on our prep/expansion lists.

TL DR Undermining is the "Junk Food" of merits, fast and easy, but it does very little to help the power because none of our phases are combat oriented.

I said Fortifying helps your power, but Undermining hurts other powers, and that's part of the game. You don't push your power up through the ranks by never undermining anyone.

I said Fortifying helps your power, but Undermining hurts other powers, and that's part of the game. You don't push your power up through the ranks by never undermining anyone.

Strictly speaking, expansion/fortification are the only upward forces to improve rank. Undermining pulls others down.

Strictly speaking, expansion/fortification are the only upward forces to improve rank. Undermining pulls others down.

Right.. And at this point most of the major powers have expanded into all of the profitable systems within 100 LY of their home system, and beyond that. Look at what is happening between winters/hudson/ald lately.. they're attempting to force each other off of systems and then go into prep/expansion wars with them if they are profitable/valuable. You force people to lose systems through undermining.

Again, NOT saying fortification is not necessary/important, but there's also something called "over-fortification". The best thing to do once you have expanded to a certain point, is to leave yourself with just enough CC so that you can't expand. It's a balancing act.

(Note: Over-fortification is not a problem with Aisling, as she is currently running a deficit economy... Unless she wants to hit turmoil to shed systems, in which case it is.)

Last edited:
Right.. And at this point most of the major powers have expanded into all of the profitable systems within 100 LY of their home system, and beyond that. Look at what is happening between winters/hudson/ald lately.. they're attempting to force each other off of systems and then go into prep/expansion wars with them if they are profitable/valuable. You force people to lose systems through undermining.

Again, NOT saying fortification is not necessary/important, but there's also something called "over-fortification". The best thing to do once you have expanded to a certain point, is to leave yourself with just enough CC so that you can't expand. It's a balancing act.

(Note: Over-fortification is not a problem with Aisling, as she is currently running a deficit economy... Unless she wants to hit turmoil to shed systems, in which case it is.)

I am glad to see you finally grasp the situation with AD's deficit economy. How are things going in your faction?

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

30 Merits per kill of any PP faction aligned ship, pulled from super-cruise. (NON imperial ships only)

Kumo Crew Watch, Alliance Enforcer, Federal Agent, Utopian Overseer, Sirius Security = Fair game.

Shield, Sentinals, Guardians = You would lose merits for killing.

Does this apply to enemy ships on my turf or on theirs or on both?

Thanks again! :)

The best thing to do once you have expanded to a certain point, is to leave yourself with just enough CC so that you can't expand. It's a balancing act

If you end up with too much surplus, the defectors will come in and 5C Prep you into the ground.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Does this apply to enemy ships on my turf or on theirs or on both?

Thanks again! :)

Only inside of their control systems. You can find their control systems by going to the "Galactic powers" tab (On the left of your cockpit. Your navigation panel.)

Then click on Felicia Winters (We're targetting her right now.), and then click "Control".

You want to make sure you are undermining a system which is profitable (High # of "Base income".. say, anything above 60), that is NOT already undermined (you don't want to go over), and a system that you can hopefully finish undermining or at least contribute significantly to.

I recommend checking the ALD subreddit for undermining targets.

I just don't understand how this merit thing can be sustained, I have got 750 again this week to buy some more shields, but just doing this takes up most of my time (if I dont want to buy leaflets etc to deliver) as I wait 29 mins for the next batch.
This really needs fixing with the player able to press load cargo full and overnight it's full.

If there is another way please tell me otherwise I am going off to do something more useful with my time, CG's and trading?

Last edited:
go to resistance pockets,crime sweeps...or whatever your faction calls them......and cain off the bad guys for easy merits....
i can keep rank 5 easy now...every monday i sit in a pocket for a few hours and earn 5000 top up merits...

go to resistance pockets,crime sweeps...or whatever your faction calls them......and cain off the bad guys for easy merits....
i can keep rank 5 easy now...every monday i sit in a pocket for a few hours and earn 5000 top up merits...

I thought those exist only for combat oriented powers?

I thought those exist only for combat oriented powers?

If you're needing to "grind" for Rank 5 you can always oppose other factions expansions, (resistance pockets, military strikes, etc.) Or you can wing up for some strategic undermining. Bring some noobs along to coat-tail with you and help them rank up. Happy Hunting.

That only exists for combat oriented powers.

Undermining is a great way to grind merits, but doesn't help us out. It doesn't hurt us either. Most of my merits are from undermining. You can usually find a wing to join on the AD Slack.

A lot of people use Trade and Fortifying to grind merits; and when done in accordance with the plans of the AD Community can be very beneficial. The key is to find a trade route that will help cover the costs of fast tracking more fortification materials.

I have been out of Imperial space for a week and killed 20 ships and got 120 merits, ttouble is I dont know which ones to kill.

I keep going for Z Hudson but they dont register merits.

My 120 merits also doesn't count to this weeks total.

Confused????

Last edited:
I have been out of Imperial space for a week and killed 20 ships and got 120 merits, ttouble is I dont know which ones to kill.

I keep going for Z Hudson but they dont register merits.

My 120 merits also doesn't count to this weeks total.

Confused????

They should appear in your transactions tab, you have to turn them in at a control system before they count towards your total.

You can kill any enemy ships, but it has to be done in an enemy control system otherwise it doesn't count.

Top Bottom