Horizons Combat Help & Tips

Hey guys

I'm only 8 weeks into this and loving all aspects of the game, exploration, trading, even mining (i find it quite relaxing actually) but i'm struggling with the consistency of Combat. Whilst i'm learning i have stuck to Solo play so i'm only talking about NPC's for now but i'm finding the Consistency of the combat changes or at least thats what it feels like.

When i was first introduced to the game by my cousin he said 'run' i was trading and doing missions so no combat or bounty hunting and he showed me the FSD submit, boost, jump technique and whilst it works i was sat in my Cobra MKIII and got interdicted and the 12 year old in me went NO.... and i turned to fight & with relative ease destroyed whatever it was that was after me. This happened on several occasions and with a big grin on my face i boasted out load haw i'd even taken out a Imperial Clipper in style (It was glorious), i was very pleased with myself. As i moved along i made a bit more money and got a type 6 and quickly learned sometimes you just gotta run.

Since then i have progressed and i have a couple of Pythons, an ASP & a Vulture and i started to go bounty hunting in the Vulture and whilst i wasn't dying (too often) it wasn't nearly as easy as one on one combat. One on One i have been up against Expert & Competent NPC and have defeated both but in hi-RES sites and the few times i have tried Combat Zones i have found that even Novice NPC opponents even in a sidewinder are more challenging.

I'm only a novice pilot still on the ranking and want to rank up and need some advice. Are Novice pilots in a one on one situation ranked differently then a novice pilot in a combat Zone? can you guys give me any tips on becoming a better combat pilot etc

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alan (CMDR MAV359)

Rank does not change from situation to situation. However the problem you could likely have with HRES and Combat zones is sometimes multiple enemies or wings can attack. Also a combat tip a didn't know until recently is you can use your boost to go in any direction (besides backwards) just hold the direction and hit your boost key and away you go.

hey mav, RES are great to start with and team up with the cops and steal their kills, easy place to start dude and work your way up. Combat zones are killers if you do not wing up with friends, but once you wing up they are magic!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom