Engineers Combat zones eh?

So,
I logged in, took some combat bond missions, went into combat zones, tried low and high intensity..
As i jumped in, every time (tried 3 times) like 5 ships started focusing me and my fully A rated federal corvete with reinforced alloys and hull reinforcments went to 50% of hull in like 30 seconds, there was no chance to even use shield cell bank. Immersion ruined.
What the hell happend to AI? Corvette is supposed to be combat oriented lategame ship that can take care of itself, i wanted to make 3 milion from mission and ended up spending 3 milion on bloody repairs!
Am i now bloody required to get upgraded ship from engineers otherwise i cant even go into combat zones that i enjoy most from whole game ?
If i boost turn, FA-off,         tear myself apart i barely even turn on those ships, and we are talking about master rank on their side (im 30% away from elite)
Ahem... guess i wont return to this game after all..

When you drop into a CZ, wait until the NPC's have chosen their targets before you pick a side: that way you don't get a bullseye painted on your hull. AFAIK its always been this way

but of course i waited, but i didnt even pick side and they started shooting me, while they are both feds and im allied with them
but i was being shot at from ships that are alighned with corp that im supposed to kill

Last edited:
but of course i waited, but i didnt even pick side and they started shooting me, while they are both feds and im allied with them
but i was being shot at from ships that are alighned with corp that im supposed to kill

I spent some time in CZ's during the beta and was always ignored until I picked a side. The Master ranked NPC's were pretty docile in Beta 6 as well. Its a long shot, but are you aligned to a power, and were you in a hostile system? That might have an effect now, otherwise it might be a bug. The AI have become more aggressive but I was never mindlessly attacked during the beta as you've described.

Want some free materials? Wait in a CZ (don't pick a side), watch the ships go boom and start collecting. Not sure how advantageous it actually is compared to other material gathering activities, but I got a good amount of assorted materials last night doing this, plus a 1.5 mil mission for taking out 35 of them.

Oh and not related to the OP but CZ missions stack now, including the kills. I don't think they did this before, but I took a 10-kill and a 30-kill and I got credit on both for each kill I got.

I took three go kill enemy in conflict zone missions , only to find no conflict zones in system.
You only see the zones within 1000ls from you, if there are major bodies in the system further than that, fly out of them and they will appear.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Want some free materials? Wait in a CZ (don't pick a side), watch the ships go boom and start collecting. Not sure how advantageous it actually is compared to other material gathering activities, but I got a good amount of assorted materials last night doing this, plus a 1.5 mil mission for taking out 35 of them.

Oh and not related to the OP but CZ missions stack now, including the kills. I don't think they did this before, but I took a 10-kill and a 30-kill and I got credit on both for each kill I got.
I took 3 of them 22/24/28 and after I killed 28 I finished all 3 missions. Also note if some of them give cargo as a reward, you can't collect unless you have a cargo hold available to take the reward.

Quite the useful post, quite a few here, thanks guys. Have rep.

2 more cents which still works in 2.1:

When you enter a CZ, let the ships fight it out for 5 minutes. Then choose the side with the clear advantage and stick with the biggest cluster of green radar returns you can find. This does 2 things if you can get the flow right:

1 - You can pick off the already hurt and weakened ships, and when you do your NPC allies will pick new targets, leading to number 2
2 - If you can get a large enough group of ships going target after target, you're pretty much invulnerable. When new ships jump in, they'll almost always be outmatched and outgunned. Should you find yourself in a bad situation, fly towards your allies and then out of the CZ if the enemy is still following.

Top Bottom