Coming back, advice from the community.

Hi everyone,

I play in VR on PC. Been a way a year or so. Have an Anaconda, Python, play solo mostly, loved mining and the big long delivery missions. Have a few hundred million credits. That said, what is fun to do now for solo play?

Are system scans automatic now? Noticed all the blue messages when traveling to each system. Do you need the scanner anymore?

I have not been to earth yet. I love deliveries, mining, missions, all the RPG stuff. Are the aliens in game now? Has anything come out I should read up on? Just curious what the fun things are to do now in solo play.

Thanks for the game. Still amazing and the best VR game to me.

Last edited:
Mining has changed a lot, as has exploration. I would definitely check those both out.

You actually don't have a scanner anymore, and you do have an extra slot (or two for smaller ships). Only scanner you need for exploration is the detail scanner to shoot probles at planets, but check out the in game tutorial on the FSS (that's the build in module on each ship). Those messages you see are only the bodies closest to you--you'll need to activate the FSS and play the radio tuning game to identify the rest of the bodies.

There are aliens: Thargoids. They're kinda tough to do in solo.

Mining has got much much better - It's worth a ton of credits but thats not that important to me - Its all about the big explosions

You can now find stuff on planets instead of googling co-ordinates or eyeballing the surface for hours

There's bugs called Thargoids that come in different types with bases you can get into

There's still bugs in the game

There's guardian stuff to look at and blueprints for some useful new modules (FSD booster.... top banana)

If you do a delivery mission you need to pick up your cargo from the depot (if you like to trade check this out before taking a mission and wondering why you can't hand it in the other end)

You've got night vision, a codex, lots of surface biological things and some in space (kinda rare), few new ships and salt of the forums as always

lots of new stuff - some you'll like , some not so much.

Have fun

o7

I'd suggest looking at YouTube (obsidian ant for one) for tips on the new mining as it's much more in depth (and fun)

Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated. Wow, there is a lot of new stuff! I started reading about mining, which looks super fun. The old way was really fun too with mining lasers and limpets.

Also check out the damaged stations. Get a load of economy cabins and plenty of heat sinks, it is great fun evacuating passengers from them, very atmospheric.

Top Bottom