Commander, this is Ground Control

No, it is just this elitedangerous.com site that I find daft - I mean even the link from your game launcher takes you to elitedangerous.com. (https://www.elitedangerous.com/odyssey/) Right there in front of you on that page is "buy on Steam":

View attachment 199887

So it is no surprise that people who bought the game from Frontier Store are confused about "Do I need to buy through Steam?".
Yes I had noticed after your first post. I had gone to do a simulation on the site.

Indeed it's stupid, unless Frontier has made an agreement with Steam to redirect all the pre-orders.

But it's rather confusing for customers. And also unacceptable that customers have to ask themselves this kind of question.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I wasn't too bothered about the FPS side of the game at first but the more I think of it, the more I like it. Imagine picking up a mission to steal a package from a base. You and your Wing buddy\buddies take out as many people\Thargoids as you can, steal the package and then run like hell to your ships, whilst being pursued.

I wasn't too bothered about the FPS side of the game at first but the more I think of it, the more I like it. Imagine picking up a mission to steal a package from a base. You and your Wing buddy\buddies take out as many people\Thargoids as you can, steal the package and then run like hell to your ships, whilst being pursued.
I have to say after trying out NMS I really think it will be welcome change in ED

Very true. This should be the place for official information, and the social media outlets as secondary.
They could use all the outlets, forums, Reddit etc. simultaneously and would still not reach everyone in a timely manner.
They must advertise on TV, at the cinema, display billboards in the streets, fly planes with banner ads, running advertising vehicles on the streets. :D

avion-ruban 2.jpg

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

A lot of people who bought the LEP do not necessarily have a Steam account

I checked it afterwards and I don't think that's the answer anyway. I'm not too bothered about it, as it'll appear when it appears, there's no rush as far as I'm concerned but I would have hoped Frontier would have addressed this in one of their posts for others, but they haven't.

Really? That was IT? THAT was what you hyped us up for? You really thought we would enjoy that?

60 seconds of half-recycled B-roll footage, and a grand total of 15 seconds of gameplay that was mostly just "call of duty HaHa GuNs gO BRRRRR"

you're mental if you think anyone would pre-order based on that. what a disappointment.
You clearly can't please all.
Your statutory rights have not been affected and you retain the right not to purchase the product. Have a nice day :)

Top Bottom