Commodity market price posting issues

So, I check eddb and the miners tool, they both say that ienpanang, Shuester Station is buying musgravite for 1million per ton. I make it there within minutes with my t9 and 732 tons of the mineral to sell and the market is only buying it for 700k. I update eddb again, still says it’s buying it for 1mil. So I log out and back in and check, still buying at 700k. Why does the commodity market lie to us about the buying prices of minerals?

^this.

there is a Bulk Cargo Tax that kicks in if your Tonnage exceeds or is near the Station's Market Demand.
Which is actually demand shaping, not a tax :)

It's a shortcut FD made to make it more like a broker market.

Markets shouldn't be read as "demand of 1000t for 1m credits each", rather, "1000t of demand, most expensive offer to buy its 1m credits"

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
It's no worse than the in game tools to be fair.

Out here in Colonia the game kept telling me an FC was buying Tritium for 150k per ton. Turns out it wasn't, it had zero demand for anything, the next one it listed as 100k per ton was correct though.

It still confused me as even after I'd sold the stuff for 100k per ton the game still insisted the other place was still buying for 150k per ton. 🤔

Don't forget that 3rd party sites rely on being updated by players, so if a market hasn't been visited by someone who does run the updater in the background the website won't show the up to date prices.
And of course the bulk tax as mentioned above.

Top Bottom