CQC Comms in Arena and other questions...

Hey guys! CMDR Space Wookie here with some noob questions. I've put about 4 hours into Arena now and am LOVING it! I never do combat in the regular game (I'm strictly a trucker) which might be why I'm so fascinated by Arena. However, me being so new to combat, I have a few noob questions that I couldn't find in a search.

1) Is there any comms in Arena? I can't seem to communicate with anyone at the moment. This is my biggest question because if I could communicate with other ships, it would change the game entirely.

2) How are others making my weapon tracking go crazy for a bit? It must be something they deploy but I can't figure it out on my end.

3) How are guys becoming un-targetable? I know there is a pickup perk but sometimes it seems like guys go silent somehow. Is that possible or am I just seeing things?

I would love to see someone that's really good do a little tutorial on how they play and tactics they use while dog fighting. :)

1) You can communicate with your side in Team games. Nothing in free-for-all matches.
2) Chaff. It's the default secondary weapon on the Condor and the Imperial Fighter.
3) Eagles have heat sinks, and many ships have silent running as a later alternative fitting. Mainly it'll be the stealth powerup, though.

Tutorial from someone good - watch Enjoy_the_rain's video here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=231183

Awesome! Thank you!

For Comms.... is there a trick to it? I always play Team Death Match and would love to be able to communicate with my team. Is it something I need to turn on or something? I see microphones with a line through them on each player in between matches.

you can communicate with them via Squad channel only in TDM and CTF. But sometimes i see my enemies write to Local channel in TDm, this is for both sides, but i don't know what they do for that. I tried everything in options or similar thing and nothing, because Local chat is blocked, but they did it. I'd like to see Comms chat for everyone in hangar during the preparation stage, but nobody knows when will be CQC update :-(.

Last edited:
We're talking about voice comms right? How do I get to the squad channel for voice? It seems like there is something I'm missing.

For local text chat, focus your chat menu and press Tab to cycle through the chat options. Local should be the second one. For voice communication it's in one of the tabs on the chat menu, make sure wing voice is enabled.

Top Bottom