Concerning Conflict Zones in VR -- MY fault. Ashenfox was right. :)

(Burps and waves away a cloud of feathers). As a married man, I have no problem eating crow. An acquired taste, to be sure, but if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it.

In another thread, I made snide remarks about not being able to choose sides in Conflict Zones when playing in VR. Ashenfox, who had every right to call me a doofus, instead patiently walked me through possible solutions, and (with exceeding politeness) pointed out that I should make sure all key bindings were properly used.

With my stomach aching slightly from having eaten so much crow, I must confess that I had made a crucial mistake.

In VR, I have set that looking at a certain menu will open it. This works well with the right, left, and downwards menus, but the Comm menu is trickier. I HAVE to call it up with a button if I wish to avoid problems.

The SOLUTION, therefore, occurred to me today. I went to a CZ, floated close to the centre, and opened the comms menu with the proper button (as in the 2D version). Voila -- I could comfortably choose sides (and rake in massive amounts of materials).

I do apologise to Frontier for my snide remarks, as well as to any other posters, and I do thank Ashenfox and others, who had patiently tried to help. PEBKAC*. MY fault.

*PEBCAK (UserFriendly comic): Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard).

THANK YOU GUYS!!

Kindest regards,

DDM_Reaper20

I don't have a button bound the the comm menu in VR. I just look in that direction and it pops up. Then I choose a side.

The only negative is if you move your head away even slightly from the comms then it closes. It can be annoying as you're forced to keep your head perfectly straight.

I use VR and I have it set so that I have to turn on the 4 menu panels manually. This means no menus open automatically and I can also have them stay open until I close them. Takes a bit of getting used to but now that the muscle memory is there its quite seamless and you are in charge of the opening and closing. I found it quite annoying initially in VR looking around and having the menus suddenly pop up when not needed. Its also nice having them stay on so you can briefly look away etc.

I learned to do this prior to getting VR when using a head tracker so slipping into VR was pretty much seamless in this regard. Being able to have full situational awareness only to have a panel pop up in your face becomes deeply annoying very quickly.

OP - May I recommend shortcrust pastry for all future crow consumption, everythings better in a pie. Glad you got it sorted.

(Burps and waves away a cloud of feathers). As a married man, I have no problem eating crow. An acquired taste, to be sure, but if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it.

In another thread, I made snide remarks about not being able to choose sides in Conflict Zones when playing in VR. Ashenfox, who had every right to call me a doofus, instead patiently walked me through possible solutions, and (with exceeding politeness) pointed out that I should make sure all key bindings were properly used.

With my stomach aching slightly from having eaten so much crow, I must confess that I had made a crucial mistake.

In VR, I have set that looking at a certain menu will open it. This works well with the right, left, and downwards menus, but the Comm menu is trickier. I HAVE to call it up with a button if I wish to avoid problems.

The SOLUTION, therefore, occurred to me today. I went to a CZ, floated close to the centre, and opened the comms menu with the proper button (as in the 2D version). Voila -- I could comfortably choose sides (and rake in massive amounts of materials).

I do apologise to Frontier for my snide remarks, as well as to any other posters, and I do thank Ashenfox and others, who had patiently tried to help. PEBKAC*. MY fault.

*PEBCAK (UserFriendly comic): Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard).

THANK YOU GUYS!!

Kindest regards,

DDM_Reaper20
Nice post, have some rep! :)(y)
(or whatever it is now).

Top Bottom