Horizons Confused about shields

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help on the subject of shields.

So I use a combination of shield boosters, Resistant and Hardening.

I can see the strength of the shield part being applied to the shield when i look at it in outfitting,

but the resistances don't add up at all,

For instance, i have 26.6 Kinetic 33.3 Thermal 50 Explosive but my resistance with the SBs should see these much higher.

My shield strength includes the SBs, so why not also the resistances?

Can anyone help me understand this? Am I looking in the right place?

Added resistance from boosters does not show up on outfitting. You need to manually do the math to see how much resistance you have achieved within shield and boosters

Just incase you don't know, resistances aren't added together, they stack multiplicatively, and past 50% add half the amount, which limits the max boost to 75%.

The formula, at least the version I've made, is as follows (convert the percent resistances to decimals for all calculations)
Resistance=(1 - shield generator resistance)*(1 - R(1) )*(1 - R(2) )=x; R(_) is the individual boosters, continue to add the *(1 - R(_) ) for as many or as little boosters as needed
((1 - x) - 0.5)/2 + 0.5 = decimal form of percent resistance

I could condense those into a single formula, but it'd be a bit messy to type on the forum

Last edited:
Just incase you don't know, resistances aren't added together, they stack multiplicatively, and past 50% add half the amount, which limits the max boost to 75%.

The formula, at least the version I've made, is as follows (convert the percent resistances to decimals for all calculations)
Resistance=(1 - shield generator resistance)*(1 - R(1) )*(1 - R(2) )=x; R(_) is the individual boosters, continue to add the *(1 - R(_) ) for as many or as little boosters as needed
((1 - x) - 0.5)/2 + 0.5 = decimal form of percent resistance

I could condense those into a single formula, but it'd be a bit messy to type on the forum

Too funny......Look at his avatar....Like ..."sigh, jesus you idiot, I can do this with my hair on fire".

Top Bottom