Connect PS4 account and Steam

Good day.
I buy first PS4 version.
Played 300 and more hours.
Then I buy in Steam.
And I can only create new account.
All recomendations from frontier by link accounts - fake.
Can I link my steam account and ps4 account?
Example of message from link by my email:

1607460598811.png

Yeah but isn't the OP asking about owning (say) ps4 RDR2 and then buying RDR2 on pc and being able to link and continue the same game? Does Rockstar allow that?

Yeah but isn't the OP asking about owning (say) ps4 RDR2 and then buying RDR2 on pc and being able to link and continue the same game? Does Rockstar allow that?

This is something you're generally able to do with Cross Play and Cross Save games, e.g. Destiny, CoD

R* are another company stuck in the past who don't support any Cross Play or Cross Save.

This is something you're generally able to do with Cross Play and Cross Save games, e.g. Destiny, CoD

R* are another company stuck in the past who don't support any Cross Play or Cross Save.

Except that's not what he's asking. He has purchased two separate game accounts, one on PS4 and one on Steam. Even if FDEV enabled cross platform he would still have to create a new CMDR to play on the "new" account because it will have a different account key! Crossplay is entirely different from what the OP asked! Crossplay would enable you to play with one account across multiple platforms and would not require one to purchase the game again.

Except that's not what he's asking. He has purchased two separate game accounts, one on PS4 and one on Steam. Even if FDEV enabled cross platform he would still have to create a new CMDR to play on the "new" account because it will have a different account key! Crossplay is entirely different from what the OP asked! Crossplay would enable you to play with one account across multiple platforms and would not require one to purchase the game again.

You can feasibly believe that you'd have to purchase the software again to play on a separate platform (what the OP describes that they have done), but it's also a reasonable assumption to make, that - for an online game available on multiple platforms - you'd be able to use the same account on both of those platforms once you had purchased the game software on each platform you intended to play on.

I'm not sure I understand the scenario you're describing... where you have to purchase an account, but once you've done so you get the game software free on any platform.

You can feasibly believe that you'd have to purchase the software again to play on a separate platform (what the OP describes that they have done), but it's also a reasonable assumption to make, that - for an online game available on multiple platforms - you'd be able to use the same account on both of those platforms once you had purchased the game software on each platform you intended to play on.

I'm not sure I understand the scenario you're describing... where you have to purchase an account, but once you've done so you get the game software free on any platform.

The OP has purchased TWO accounts, one on PS4 and one on Steam, because they are two separate accounts they will have two different activation keys and they will require separate email addresses for activation and require the OP to create two separate CMDR's, that's my only point here. The question the OP had was how to link two separate accounts, and that's not possible. Even if crossplay were possible, in these circumstances the OP would still be required to create a new CMDR for the new account. Crossplay would not require the purchase of two accounts.

The OP has purchased TWO accounts, one on PS4 and one on Steam, because they are two separate accounts they will have two different activation keys and they will require separate email addresses for activation and require the OP to create two separate CMDR's, that's my only point here. The question the OP had was how to link two separate accounts, and that's not possible. Even if crossplay were possible, in these circumstances the OP would still be required to create a new CMDR for the new account. Crossplay would not require the purchase of two accounts.

That's not how I read it. The question was why can't I use my existing PS4 account to login (now that I've purchased the game on Steam), why is it only asking me to create a new account.

There are many Cross Play games that allow you to do this - use one account across multiple platforms once you've purchased the software on each platform you intend to play on.

To have Cross Play, but still have to use a different Commander account on each platform... that'd be very strange.

I’m fairly sure most of you guys answering this poor guys question don’t even understand the difference between cross-save and cross-play so let me explain it to you all he DONT need cross play he needs cross-save for one and I will explain why

cross-play: means that if you are on say PS4/5 you can play with people on PC or XBO

cross-save: is what CoD and destiny has allowing you to log on to any platform and have your account there as long as you have the linked correctly

now back you the main poster of this thread no you can’t it’s not supported yet but Frontier is looking to do it in the future just hang tight buddy
And no you’re wrong cross-play does not mean what you have talked about here you’re talking about cross-save

Back
Top Bottom