CQC Control setup

Since CQC came out I've had to reevaulate my whole control setup. I've gone from a complete hotas to two joysticks, since I didn't feel I got satisfactory control over thrusters with a throttle. Now I have:

Right hand joystick without twist:

X axis = yaw
y axis = pitch

Left hand joystick with twist:

x axis = thrust left/right
y axis = thrust up/down
z axis (twist) = roll

pedals:

Thrust forward / backward

Comments:

I see people usually have roll on the right joystick and yaw on pedals. This never felt natural to me. Right now I feel my aim has improved with fixed weapons because yaw and pitch on right joystick feels more like a fps game. Also pedals with thrusters forward / backward because i'm used to drving a car =).

I bought Elite Dangerous back in february and I've gone back and forth between hundreds of setups, and I think this is the best one for me. So, if anyone is willing, I would find it quite interesting if anyone would like to share their setup.

That's pretty much my setup, too. I have all rotation on the right stick. The key binding is so clean and easy that, even with limited buttons, I never have to let go of the sticks, and I also use the pedals for forward and reverse thrust.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that dual sticks and pedals are more common in Elite than HOTAS.

Last edited:
I'm a two joy guy to, but right hand has pitch, roll, yaw, right hand has the main weapons, so when I shoot or aim for something I want that every movement is on that hand.
Left stick is Throttle and lateral thrust, vertical thrust I have to leave it on the hat switch and find it more natural there. But I ordered a Novint Falcon and that should fix the problem ( I hope��)
Pedals is a good idea, but when I'm on something flying it doesn't come natural to me to use it as a throttle.

Top Bottom